Sign in to follow this  
BillAk

Sinocam: DDNS and Admin password issues

Hello, sorry if my English are so and so I am not a native speaker.

I recently bought a 4 camera system from ebay, the camera brand is SINOCAM and I am having some concerns about my privacy. My goal is to connect them to a NVR and access the NVR through my PC or via the Internet. But we are having issues.

Before I start I have to mention a few things. It took me a lot of time to setup a static ip in DHCP and Wireless (I have set the same static IP in both; different in each camera) and that is due to my ignorance in the subject.

Now that I have finally setup my system and each of the cameras will always get the same static IP when they reconnect in a change of a power failure (even though they are on a UPS) I have found two big security issues.

First one is Admin login

The camera does not allow me to change the admin password. It does allow me to add another user but not change the default password. That means that if someone gains access to my private network they get access to my camera. And if someone gets my DDNS url (that’s the second issue) also get access to my camera.

So, how do we change it?

Second one and bigger is DDNS

By default the cameras have some DDNS settings setup.

The default settings are something like:

Server Provide: MyEYE

Server IP: dvripc.cn

Domain: a-camera-name.dvripc.cn

Port: 80

DDNS status: OK

Now here is the issue. Even though I disable DDNS, if I go and login from any computer into that URL, I keep getting live stream from my camera (and remember: admin and pass are DEFAULT!). I have read somewere that DDNS will keep working even though you have disable it, because the DDNS server has your IP so you must change it. And so I did. I disable DDNS and restarted my router. Nothing! And to make things even more weird, when I login; I get the old IP showing. And even more, changing the DDNS to another service (just to test it without having an actual account) the original URL (.cn) keeps working.

I must admit I don’t know a lot about DDNS. But I do understand that is a service that helps you connect to your network or devices when you use dynamic IP (due to our internet service provider). So, the camera, “reads” my IP, tells the DNS server my ip and every time I type the URL, I get connected to the camera. Am I right?

I don’t get the difference between server provide and server ip though.

I am really frustrated by sinocam. Can someone give some ideas please?

Thank in advance.

Hi. Are you in China ???

Ddns does not just apply to your dvr its your network ... Lots of Chinese ddns services are popping up and are unsafe to use

you need to manually reset all your system and not use there settings or services

Talk to your ISP have them block the China service and also ask how much a static IP will cost you

Hi. Are you in China ???

Ddns does not just apply to your dvr its your network ... Lots of Chinese ddns services are popping up and are unsafe to use

you need to manually reset all your system and not use there settings or services

Talk to your ISP have them block the China service and also ask how much a static IP will cost you

Hi, I am not in China. I live in Greece. I do understand that DDNS apply to my network. DDNS tells the DNS service what my IP is so yes it (they) can gain access to my network. My Router is locked so there is at least some kind of security but again I feel unsafe. I don't use any DVR (NVR) yet just my PC for the time. Isn't DYNDNS (dyn.com) safe? It looks legit. The camera has dyn.com as an option too.

Static IP is costly in all of our ISPs in Greece.

Hi. This is the best one

http://www.noip.com/free?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=noipcom&utm_campaign=noipcom&gclid=CL654JzCrM0CFc0y0wod2LcMwQ

But your problem will be ..... Is still having your my E-video still active.

This is a magic reply! This is exactly my problem only I could not find a way to write it. This e-video never stops broadcasting. And to make things even worse, even now that I found a way to change the password for local login, the e-video login settings remain the same. And that is admin/admin!

how do we turn this e-video off??!!

Hi. It's ddns and also a China cloud service.

It's a lot of work but worth it.

Reset your cameras IP and you give them port numbers ......I think they ask you to use port 80 you need to give your cameras 5550 for cam 1 5551 for cam 2 and so on

You need to do this off your network and don't reconnect your cameras till you have reset your router.

You need to do a full router reset change passwords .... And if you have the option on your router also change the MAC address

Sometimes it's better to go and buy I newer router and learn and understand it ..... That way you can spot changes made

If you are not a network person then talk to your ISP and ask them to reset and change your Mac for you

Reset your cameras IP and you give them port numbers ......I think they ask you to use port 80 you need to give your cameras 5550 for cam 1 5551 for cam 2 and so on

You need to do this off your network and don't reconnect your cameras till you have reset your router.

You need to do a full router reset change passwords .... And if you have the option on your router also change the MAC address

Sometimes it's better to go and buy I newer router and learn and understand it ..... That way you can spot changes made

If you are not a network person then talk to your ISP and ask them to reset and change your Mac for you

The only thing I understood from your message was "Hi". hahaha

I will look into it though. Quick question. Do you know if it's a common thing for Chinese brands to work this way with e-video? Or do all IP cameras do that? Even expensive hi end like Samsung, Sony etc?

I will look into it though. Quick question. Do you know if it's a common thing for Chinese brands to work this way with e-video? Or do all IP cameras do that? Even expensive hi end like Samsung, Sony etc?

Yes it is a new thing ......p2p setup .... Makes it easy for people to setup there own system .... But it is turning out to be a bad thing it's more about information collecting

E-video and ezviz are always in the security news at the moment with people having problems

Yes it is a new thing ......p2p setup .... Makes it easy for people to setup there own system .... But it is turning out to be a bad thing it's more about information collecting

E-video and ezviz are always in the security news at the moment with people having problems

omg. It really wouldn't be a big problem if I could change the login information. For some reason it's admin/admin and this is so dangerous. Anyone who might find my ip can access my feed. Any idea how we change it since it's hard to disable it? I have contacted sinocam but maybe someone knows better in here. After all no one in the Chinese market is known for their English Instructions. Like me