Sign in to follow this  
snowyy

Crashing

Hi

I've had my system for about 1 and half years, its a H2.64 8 channel hard drive and currently have 5 cameras. I've had the odd couple of glitches with it (once every 3 months or so) but yesterday the system crashed on me twice and again today. I'm noticing this when checking remotely on my phone and the camera is just buffering. When I check the device at home there is live play but when I click on the playback it crashes and I have to switch off at the plug. When It reboots and I click playback it shows that it stopped recording at 8am, it always seems to be bang on the hour, today was 8am yesterday was 12pm and 5pm? Should I be rebooting my system weekly to avoid these glitches or is the the hard drive needs formatting? Strange why its always on the hour.

hi

I've just formatted the dvr hard drive as it had crashed again, hopefully that will sort my problems out, should i be rebooting the system weekly on the auto maintenance?

hi

I've just formatted the dvr hard drive as it had crashed again, hopefully that will sort my problems out, should i be rebooting the system weekly on the auto maintenance?

Hi. Once you start having HDrive problems then it's time to change it ....... You might find you will need some footage and it not be there.

The problem with DVRs is they can't fix or report bad sectors on the drive

It's crashed again today, ive found a WD purple 1TB surveillance hdd at curry's for £60, I assume they are all universal and should be a case of just plugging the new one in? Is it worth doing a firmware upgrade prior to getting a new HDD or will it definately be the HDD. I have no error messages its just that when i check it the live streaming is there (apart from remotely on phone) and then when i click playback it all freezes and then there is a gap in recording time after I force a reboot ( the gap being from when it stopped recording).

Hopefully the HDD in the DVR will just be a standard one that is not up to the job of recording 24/7 as I've only had the system 1.5 years I wouldnt like to think that the HDD that failed is a surveillance one.

It's crashed again today, ive found a WD purple 1TB surveillance hdd at curry's for £60, I assume they are all universal and should be a case of just plugging the new one in? Is it worth doing a firmware upgrade prior to getting a new HDD or will it definately be the HDD. I have no error messages its just that when i check it the live streaming is there (apart from remotely on phone) and then when i click playback it all freezes and then there is a gap in recording time after I force a reboot ( the gap being from when it stopped recording).

Hopefully the HDD in the DVR will just be a standard one that is not up to the job of recording 24/7 as I've only had the system 1.5 years I wouldnt like to think that the HDD that failed is a surveillance one.

Hi. You are best buying the same it has already .... Wrong drive can give you same problems

WD black or green will work.

how do you know what HDD to use? might not be a WD one in there at the moment, are WD purple not designed for all CCTV DVR's then? how would i know if the purple one will work with my DVR without issues?

how do you know what HDD to use? might not be a WD one in there at the moment, are WD purple not designed for all CCTV DVR's then? how would i know if the purple one will work with my DVR without issues?

Your system is 2 years old so purple is no good

The safe way is black WD or green which are standard drives so no problems

As far as firmware I would not do that

Why wouldn't the Wd purple work? Both use sata 3 and seem same on spec. Read up that seagate are rubbish and fail a lot more than wd

Why wouldn't the Wd purple work? Both use sata 3 and seem same on spec. Read up that seagate are rubbish and fail a lot more than wd

Not all DVRs can run purple

WD black from PC world is your best option

Hi

I've contacted the the technical team where I bought the DVR from and they have told me that the WD purple is compatible with my machine so I have purchased one. Hopefully my problem is due to a bad HDD and this will cure it. Thank you for your input tomcctv

Hi

I've contacted the the technical team where I bought the DVR from and they have told me that the WD purple is compatible with my machine so I have purchased one. Hopefully my problem is due to a bad HDD and this will cure it. Thank you for your input tomcctv

Hi. For a 2 year old unit I still say black or green ........ 2 years ago purple was bad for DVRs ......good for NVRs

The new purple has intel agent speed and that will be a problem from the start

You took out a barracuda........ Like for like is green or black

Green or black is £58 purple is £92