Sign in to follow this  
BazzoBastin

Some of my cams on new install are flickering?

Hi guys..

Dug out my old 16ch DVR (4-5 years old).. I'm sure the dvr is working perfectly as ive swapped cams around..

I have installed a mix of old cams (13 so far).. and several of them have constant picture flicker/roll and was wondering what you guys think the cause could be,

The system is wired in CAT5, 2 cams per cable run with baluns at each end. All cams are powered by a central PSU.

I'm leaning towards the cameras as they were not very expensive 4 years ago.. typically they are 36 LED CCD cams.

I had it in my head that this problem can be caused if cams are on individual power supplies, but that's not the case here.

Any suggestions? Is there a set pair in the cat 5 that should be used for video, although again all are wired the same, some are fine and some aren't.. I'm leaning towards just buying a complete set of new cams as its annoying that the quality is variable across all the cams and I'm a little anal.. would prefer them all the same especially as ive placed them in such a way as to cover the perimeter of the property in one continuous image.. if you know what I mean..

Sorry if I'm missing any info.. and thanks for advise in advance

Hi. You will need to give a little more info

What type of balun .... Can you post a pic

How far are your cable runs

Size of power supply used and how are you powering the cameras with it

cable runs.. longest is maybe 50m, most are about 30m

pic of balun attached

cams are powered using a pair in the cat5

psu is a proper cctv psu, 20amp I believe....designed for 16 cams pic attached

tt-101a_kenable.thumb.jpg.d9a0ea5997d0f1da4e36e1aa279d5d8f.jpg

s-l500.jpg.6de5116a504096adc4d10609589d5b65.jpg

1. Check power supply voltage on camera side, 50 m looks too long for 2 cameras on cat5 if you used it for power supply too.

2. Are cameras mounted on metal grounded surface? If so, isolate them from surface.