Sign in to follow this  
Roman.CA

Picture loss at night time?

I got 4 analog cameras 1 that has the longest wire is losing image at night time approx. 6pm - 6am, but works fine during the day, wire was cut in couple places then stripped and joined by hand and taped with electric tape, i wonder if that's the reason and soldering it together would fix it?

I had this issue before, but now i have even longer wire i noticed that disconnecting power from all the cameras and then connecting only that camera having issue fixed it, but now as wire got even longer it does not work anymore.

What causes this issue, does it have to do something with humidity change at night?

Will using more expensive wire fix the issue?

This screenshot was taken in the morning just before it started to work again.

not-working.jpg.e4961255d8a186b756f4257b660f20e0.jpg

working.jpg.2cc2053a41910d05443e306d9a212224.jpg

I got 4 analog cameras 1 that has the longest wire is losing image at night time approx. 6pm - 6am, but works fine during the day, wire was cut in couple places then stripped and joined by hand and taped with electric tape, i wonder if that's the reason and soldering it together would fix it?

I had this issue before, but now i have even longer wire i noticed that disconnecting power from all the cameras and then connecting only that camera having issue fixed it, but now as wire got even longer it does not work anymore.What causes this issue, does it have to do something with humidity change at night?

Will using more expensive wire fix the issue?

This screenshot was taken in the morning just before it started to work again.

While it is better not to have any joints in the cable, if it is done then it should be soldered. The highlighted part above gives you the clue as to your problem. The power supply is not up to the task of supplying all your cameras. Either it can't supply the current that is needed or the voltage drop on that long run is too great when the IR comes on at night. You will need to determine which one is your problem to determine your course of action.

Solved problem by plugging camera power from nearest to camera electric socket trough another DC adapter, so it was a analog cord issue, its cheap thin 50ft cable so no wonder. Here's link to product https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I90734/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Actually i made 100ft wire from two of them.

Hi. I guest you would be using them kits...... I would change them and you will also see a better image quality

Either use coax or cat5 with baluns