18pcs

GE Kalatel DVMre CT 320GB DVR- Remote Networking help

Firstly let me thank this forum members for pointing me in the right direction. I bought the above DVR after a lot of searching and have just set it up.

I have set up Port 80 on the DVR and forwarded the same port on my SMC router. I do not have static Ip and am using No-Ip's free service to obtain a static address. When I try to log on to the name service provided by IP, I cannot. However when I use the Ip address as seen in the NO-ip window, I am able to log onto the DVR from any location, but upto the point of the opening screen. When I enter the user name and password, the browser searches and returns a error.

Would appreciate help once again on this . Also is it Ok to use port 80 or shall I try another port. I am using a SMC 7804WBRA Barricade router.

All advice highly appreciated and welcomed.

Not sure if they have changed anything in the newer models, but normally you must port forward 1024.

once thats done PM me the IP so I can test it for you ..

once you port forward 1024 then you can use this browser based activeX controls ... just set all the security for ActiveX in IE to prompt where it is disabled so it will download .. i wrote this a few years back before GE came out with their own .. i have a newer one but didnt get it to work on XP yet.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/ge/iVue.HTM

Is your internet service provider blocking port 80? Most of the ISP's with dynamic IP usually block 80. Some DVR's won't work with name service either.

I checked 1024 and a hundred others. The only port which works is 80. And apparently 80 is NOT blocked by my IP. Any other solutions ?

I checked 1024 and a hundred others. The only port which works is 80. And apparently 80 is NOT blocked by my IP. Any other solutions ?

I just want to clarify my prior post in that most ISP's block inbound requests for port 80. Web browsing at the site would be an outbound port 80 request. So I take it you checked with your ISP's tech support and confirmed that inbound port 80 requests will work.

Using port 80 and/or 1027, I was able to remotely log on to the wave browser software of the Kalatel. The screen along with all the buttons loaded correctly but beyond that nothing. I tried entereing PWD on the wave browser screen and tried everything possible but the cameras just wouldnt load. Any idea what this problem is, thanks.

I emailed GE but havent heard back yet ...

basically had the same issue trying to use the browser software when a router was connected, though that was with older versions over a year ago .. course you could still use my activeX as it uses port 1024 anyways ..

ill try and see if I can get my newer activeX to work .. it has more features than their browser software can ever think of.

also PM me your latest IP i want to check something as I just located the URL path for the configure part of their wavebrowser .

thanks

Rory

Have tried a lot of ports and everything possible, still no luck. Any suggestions anyone. Need help desperately, please help me if you can to get the thing working, please. Thanks in advance.

Nice to hear from you. Basically with WaveReader/Wavevue (yours) installed on the computer I was able to log on using port 1024. This means I am restricted to my own computers only. However when I enter the IP address in any browser , I cannot log on from anywhere not even my own computer. BTW WaveReader also accepts a url to log on to the DVR. Is there any update/upgrade on your wonderful program ? I see you have changed your web page completely.

Nah I havent had the chance to put my hands on a GE DVR in over a year maybe ... if you PM me the info next week coming I can see what I could do with yours though ... remotely ..

Rory

PS. good to hear from you also

I need help with my GE Kalatel DVR. I have Verizon Westal DSL and a Netgear wgt624 router. I can view the cameras within LAN in internet explorer but cannot over the internet.

I cannot change the http port on the DVR. Any help would be appreciated.