rory

Version 8 issues

Well finally upgraded ..

Okay so does anyone else see how crappy the H264 and Mpeg4 quality is for recording, and even moreso the webcam streaming ..? Darn .. ill never used those they are horrible ..

Another thing .. with the combo cards .. in 720x480 and using webcam .. there are black edges around the video .. anyone know how to get rid of that ..? It was like that before in V704 thought they'd fixed it in this version .. guess not ..

Rory

When you mention Mpeg4 are you referring to the "normal" Mpeg4, the GeoMpeg4, or the new GeoMpeg4 ASP? too many mpeg4s

We are running PAL 720 x 576 here, and I havn't seen the black box around the video, could you post a screenshot.

Cheers

Basically in any of the codecs at 720x480 on the 1480, in webCam I get the black edge .. see this image ..

newimage.jpg

Thing is, it doesnt do it on my GV250 in 720x480 .. just with the 1480 .. always did ..

Also .. with the 8.0 software .. in Video Settings Advanced .. the Brightness, Contrast, etc Levels are mixed up .. in other words on my GV250 by default it is all centered on 128 .. but on the 1480 it is like 150, 130, 160, etc .. if I adjust it it messes up the video .. is this just a 1480 issue .. and is it normal ..??

I noticed that as well when I upgraded to Version 8. 1120-8.

The H.264 is good for when you have little bandwidth when using webcam.

Got this from Geo .. but im sure I was getting it in 720x480 on the 1480 with Geo Mpeg4 also ..

---------------------------------------------

Regarding your question with H.264 and 720x480 recording,

we're afraid that this will be the spec limitation, because the

H.264 will not fully cover in the following resolution:

320x240

720x240

720x480

720x480(De-interlace)

so, you'll get the black edge in these resolution.

--------------------------------------------------

Got this from Geo .. but im sure I was getting it in 720x480 on the 1480 with Geo Mpeg4 also ..

---------------------------------------------

Regarding your question with H.264 and 720x480 recording,

we're afraid that this will be the spec limitation, because the

H.264 will not fully cover in the following resolution:

320x240

720x240

720x480

720x480(De-interlace)

so, you'll get the black edge in these resolution.

--------------------------------------------------

Yep. I am back to 640x480 because of pixelation and the extra storage demands for the little higher resolution images. 640x480 look more natural anyway.

I am recording in H.264, but now without the bandwidth being such a limitation as before I can switch back to straight mpeg4 again. I thought that was the best for the storage used.

I will avoid the above resolutions if I use the H.264.

Thanks for the info.

Finally from GeoVision ..

"Regarding your question with black edge in this resolution, after confirm with

our engineer again, for combo card(1480,1240,1120) spec, it'll display black edge in 720 x xx0 resolution, we're afraid that it'll not be able to solve for the spec limitation."

Another thing i didnt get back to them on yet, but with the combo cards and Version 8.0 it is no longer Fast Mpeg4, just Geo Mpeg4 and Geo Mpeg4(ASP). However I have Fast Mpeg4 with my GV250 and version 8..