LonelyTanvir

[HELP]Dahua DVR P2P connection failed (with 3g modem router)

I am straggling with Dahua (HCVR4116-s3) DVR to connect P2P. I don't have broadband connection in my area, so I bought TP-link MR3420 3g router. than connected it from 3g modem and connected dvr to router with lan.

I can browse the internet with both wifi and lan. but DVR P2P does not work. its shows offline.

can i get some help?

Thanks.

Hello. The P2P connection will still depend on the DVR making a connection to the local network. And then there would be the matter of having enough bandwidth to get the camera videos out of the local network out to the internet.

There is a network test option to DVR. I see that it can pass data through LAN. But the P2P is offline. I can get 50-60 kb/sec using wifi. Is it enough ?

There is a network test option to DVR. I see that it can pass data through LAN. But the P2P is offline. I can get 50-60 kb/sec using wifi. Is it enough ?

Hello. Just because it can pass the LAN test, won't mean it has access to the internet, if the router that the DVR to which it is connected itself has no internet access. If you are interested in port forwarding you might want to check out portforward.com

50 to 60 kbps might not be enough. 512 kbps would be a minimum for most analog 4 channel DVRs with the 4 cameras connected.