I am new to CCTV and would like to veiw my cameras over the internet. I have a TV card and I have installed realVNC but I have no idea where to start? Thanks

nedd to know what "tv card" it is, your router type, your connection type, and your sisters phone number.

you also need some type of WEB server to interface the "tv card"

VNC is pretty straight forward.....port that is...............hint, hint.

VNC is really designed for remote control of a computer system. It will not display the high quality graphics needed to view your cameras correctly.

Don't know? You haven't specified any other information regarding what the card or system is that you have so someone can help you.

Need more information, then maybe someone can help.

pakmafia, please post the DVR Brand / model or any other relative info you may have, so we can get you a response.

Thanks

The link below is a free program and I have been using it for over 2 years now. You could add all you PC based DVR to this webbased program. when some customer calls you with an issuse, just log into his computer and control his desktop. you don't have to ask the customer for IP address like in VNC. I have saved tons and tons on mileage just by using this service. i build custom software for small business and it is very ahndy for customer support and trouble shoooting. You could also blank the customer desktop screen and a bunch of other features. Go check it out Here is it comes...1, 2,3,

www.logmein.com.

Security issues though. I totally disable all web browser access on the DVRs.

yes Rory you are right. But it helps you support far offf locations.

Do you just enable content advisor in IE or use some program to disable browser access.?

later

i turn on all Port Filtering to start with, that blocks all ports .. TCP, UDP, and IP Protocols .. this stops everything coming and going ..

tHen i just enable the TCP ports for Geo.

Just as a back up ...

I also turn on content advisor as well as disable IE in Programs Access.

I also Uninstall it from the Windows Components ...

Turn off all cookies and turn up security setting in Internet Options . ..

Turn on Windows Firewall and only enable Ports for Geo and Geo Software.

Ultra VNC works well for me though .. but really only should be used if needed to do any PC work .. which is why I need to get my program working . .. client doesnt want to see you come on and stop viewing to make some basic changes ..

Rory

In the router or the modem?

what if you(installer) would want to download someting from the web as part of the installation. You would go and undo all the changes I believe.

I had to fix a GV system 3 times with in 2 months because of spyware and employes using to surf the web. I had to then start using the feature that locks the desktop.

All of this is done on the DVR PC ..

I wouldnt download it on that PC .. id carry it on CD or use Ultra VNC to file transfer it to the DVR ..

I did undo all the changes once and forgot to turn them all back on .. so I dont do that anymore ..