313-313

White bands accross the video from a camera

I was wondering what would cause white 1 inch bands to scroll (bottom to top) across my monitor? This is the video feed directly from a dome camera. Other cameras have no problem. Could it be a bad camera or has some other technical problems. I connected other camera on the same cable and power without any issues.

Thanks

if you connected another camera at the SAME location on the same cable then it would have to be the camera. It sounds like a ground loop problem but have never heard of them being white bands. Did you hook up a test monitor at the camera and see if it has the problem?

I had bought it from cctvoutlet a company in florida. this is the second time that this has happened.

Curious, was it an indoor dome or outdoor? (model number)

Also how old was it, and are the cameras on some form of voltage regulation?

Rory

just out of curiousity do you have right near any flourescent lighting? or have any of the wire laid across the top of the lighting fixtures?

now that I think about it I have serviced some cameras that were installed by another company who had rolled up the excess wire and zip tied it and laid it on top of a fixture. And the camera had white lines going from bottom to top.

ITs an Eclipse camera ECL 557V out door vandal dome. I took it off the installation, brought it at home tried it again with same results. yes there are florescent lights there.(they are about 3 feet away) all over the place. OTher camera have no problem. i have concluded that they sell JUNK after giving them repeat business. Does anyone else buy their products?

LOl .. yeah the guys here sell them .. they have a few really decent products .. but their Outdoor domes arent one of them .. its the same with most OEM brands .. they sell OEM from Taiwan .. etc .. actually they started pushing some S Korean now so the product has got better depending on what you buy .. their Exview BW Bullet and Color 350TVL 596 Bullets are the best (bang for buck) .. and their IR Bullet (557HIM) is better than the new Extreme WZ bullets .. ive seen the indoor IR domes, they work and are a decent image .. everything else is pretty much you get what you pay for .. simply its no different from what any other OEM company in the US sells .. but yeah they really gotta do something about those Vandal Domes .. my colleague here bought a bunch of them for stock and cant sell them .. horrible image .. in other words, you gotta test the product before you sell it .. well that seems to go for any manufacturer now .. especially Extreme CCTV! (dealers here know what i mean)

BTW the power boards on the cheaper products dont have any kind of surge protection built in and tend to get damaged much easier .. so best to always have them on an AVR. Then again, even the WizKids died and they were on a UPS with AVR .. so hmmmm ... ..

Rory

so best to always have them on an AVR. Then again, even the WizKids died and they were on a UPS with AVR .. so hmmmm ... ..

Rory

Rory what do you mean by AVR...?

You can buy it with or without now, you need to specify if you want it or not.