313-313

how to get sample screen shots form cameras?

I have bunch of cameras that i will be selling on my webiste. I wanted to put sample frame shots for each camera on my website. THis will help buyers to make a better decision on their purchase. So folks the question is how do i do that? ( camtasia, windows print screen or any other better suggestion)

Hmmmm .. most you cant do it from the live video. But from Playback you can .. use the built in software to save as image ... or do print screen and paste into something like Paint Shop Pro ... then cut the images you want and save as JPEG.

If you are capturing the image onto a pc, and iF you have a hauppage pci capture card (or any popular style card probably), then you can use its software usually, or many other free aps to capture a snapshot, my wintv pci card has a snapshot button that takes a snapshot of live input, at a resolution of my choice.

I would love as a customer to see pics of how a camera copes with different light levels, ie day shots, night shots etc. If all the shots were of a recreatable scene then people could compare camera's to see which is best for them.

thanks guys. would this really help buyers or am I over doing it? day scene, night scene, with generic lens and with name brand lens too.

later

if i had the cameras i would have done it long time ago .. ive done alot of it with what i could get from clients cameras though ..

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/Gallery/Cameras/ECL-596.htm

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/Gallery/Cameras/Extreme_REG.htm

ive got a ton from Extreme IR cameras and GE Hidden cameras and box cameras .. just not on that gallery .. they are all online though and alot have been posted on this forum over the years ..

I would love to see that sort of thing on more sites, even as far as showing different lens setups, wide angle, varifocal, zoom lenses etc so people can see what lenses to buy.

Even maybe show how well the camera likes infra red lighting if its a b/w camera that is IR sensitive, so people can see if its a good buy for night jobs etc.

Spec sheets are great, but a picture is worth a thousand words...

While your at it, if you sell DVR's, record avis or mpegs from them and show what their recording ability is like at different recording levels, compared to the original - that is something I have not seen yet (and from the specs of many machines I can understand why lol)

If it works, sales increase, if not, well you only lost a little time, but you will probably get a lot of links to your site, which should increase sales eventually....

its a little different for me because I do not sell from my website. But I do kind of the same thing. I get atleast a snapshot from every camera I have ever installed. Most of the time I have some sort of video clip of each camera. I use it for a powerpoint presentations when I meet with people. I have about 15 different presentations that I use depending on the prospect. I have to say it works pretty good. But most of the time I am not giving them examples of pics but just showing a short demonastration on solutions that we provide. And how we compare to our competitors. I have to say it works alot. Mainly because I could tell them how good of service we provide until I was blue in the face. But showing them gets the point across without any blue faces.