MattVidionics

Geovision Control Centre

Does anyone know whether Geovision Control Centre (with v8) is provided with the DVR software, or do you have to pay for it seperately?

Also, does the dongle need to be upgraded to use this application?

I am interested to buy a geovision card after months and months of deciding and thought that the remote applications were a little simplistic. Now I have seen the Control Centre, it looks like it emulates the same functions as the DVR from a remote PC.

In this case, what is the point of using the webcam and remote playback applications, why not just use Control Centre everytime?

Matt

actually it does come with it. Its not the pro version but it has all the same functionality of the pro version, the difference between the paid version and the free version that comes with the dvr software is the number of subscribers and the number of cameras it can monitor.

The free version (depending on which free version we are talking about) can monitor upto 10 clients (version or 5 for (version 7.04 and before).

Difficult to write about version 8 in brackets, without getting sunglasses v8)!

So with the free version, it does not need to be added to the dongle and it will emulate all the functions as per the server.

It will only be a system for my house, so one user, 16 cameras, so I will have no problem with the limitations over the pro version.

Still leaves me with the question... I thought that the remote applications were a little simplistic. Now I have seen the Control Centre, it looks like it emulates the same functions as the DVR from a remote PC.

In this case, what is the point of using the webcam and remote playback applications, why not just use Control Centre everytime?

Matt

Edited by Guest

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/5_0.asp

It is on the download list and it did give me the option to download the 15.7mb file.

Anyways .. im making my own .. Huhhh

Rory, I envy your programming knowledge to use the development software to make your own software for GeoVision. I learnt how to program using a ZX Spectrum and moved up to QBasic. But although I know QBasic very well, never moved much beyond it. I do a little Visual Basic, but now I have a 2 year old I don't get any time to practice with anything else!

I am assuming that you are using version 7.xx? I remember you saying that the developement software for v8 wasn't out, and you didn't expect it to be out for a while yet. Remember? this was when I was discussing the lack of a 'timeline' (file map) on the playback screen.

Matt

They didnt have it up there last time i checked .. will take another look ..

No, this works for any version .. in fact i was developing it against 8.0 ... they didnt make much if any changes to the way Geo actually works .. still all INI files and skins .. i see some changes in the main INI where they now how 32 cameras .. so perhaps they are looking ahead ..

Rory

Lawd they have version 8.02 now .. i just downloaded 8.01 a few days ago .. cant find what the changes are though .. I see they added the Control software now though .. will check it out .. i was told it cost $$

Yeah, please check it out and post your findings.

I've been months of trying to decide which DVR to get, Geovision has it all (except a diskmap (timeline) that is!).

If the Control Centre has all the functions of the main DVR, then thats brilliant!

Matt

Downloading now ... check out that link too .. doesnt need to be installed and i included a sample Geo Config file .. I can also do a playback actually once i include that in my code .. and a timeline would be easy once i figure out how to stream the AVIs .. but will check this out ..

Rory

and a timeline would be easy once i figure out how to stream the AVIs .. but will check this out ..

Wow! How do you do this!? I am amazed your knowledge on such a product! Hope your not burning the midnight oil like I am! (23:41 in the UK).

check out that link too .. doesnt need to be installed and i included a sample Geo Config file .. I can also do a playback actually once i include that in my code

Which link were you refering to?

Yep what i thought .. you need the CD with Control Center and installed 8.0 Control Center to install the 8.02 upgrade . .. there is no 8.01 full version listed there .. so wont work unless you get the CD ..

So you are not using version 8?

But if you were using version 8, then you have to install control centre from the CD, then update it with v8.02 from the Geovision website?

This means that you cannot use any software on the website without your original CD. The only software on the Geovision website are just upgrades, meaning you need your original CD (and possibly dongle?).

Does this sound about right?

Yes and No .. if you go under Version 8.01 .. those are full programs .. anyone can download and install them .. but there is no Control Center software there ... now Version 8.02 are just upgrades ..

I dont have version 8 on CD as I upgraded from 7.04 ..

I have both v8.0 and v8.01 on cd but Control Center isn't avalible on any of the cds.

I guess that Rory was right in the first place when saying that

Control Center cost extra $$.

Anybody know about the pricing? Just need an aproximate,

is it 10$ or 1000$?

Another thing, how good can it handle low bandwith?

The Remote playback server worked fairly fine and was better

then several other DVR softwares.

That is only an upgrade .. if you dont have the CD then you cannot install Control Center .. so unless you buy a new DVR Card then yo ucan use it.

I don't know where your getting your CD's from. The control center software is on all of the verions of cd's that I have. Also its right on their website for download http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/5_0.asp.

I usualy steal them from kids or buy from some small Russian company

My CDs are from EzCCTV GB and they have not control center on them.

They have Center v2 though, but that have been there forever.

meny2.jpg.ac264d3682389826e78918fcc1888631.jpg

meny1.jpg.9aba504120d516f80587200f3d903b3e.jpg

if you select the drop down menu and choose 8.01. Its the full version

Nope, it's an upgrade.

Center V2 does what Control Center does, just with a different number of possible subscribers

It's still not on my orginal CDs (V8.0.0 and V8.0.1). Have a look at the screenshots.

Center V2 does what Control Center does, just with a different number of possible subscribers

It's still not on my orginal CDs (V8.0.0 and V8.0.1). Have a look at the screenshots.

According to your screen shots, Center V2 is on the cd