MattVidionics

Geovision Control Centre

if you select the drop down menu and choose 8.01. Its the full version

Nope, it's an upgrade.

I just downloaded it and installed it. I think there is some confusion as to what version you should be using, I think I very wasn't specific about that. CenterV2 is the FREE version.

Control Center is NOT on the 8.01 Downloads, only in 8.02 and that is only an upgrade. We are not talking about Center V2, as that does not control the DVR.

Control Center is NOT on the 8.01 Downloads, only in 8.02 and that is only an upgrade. We are not talking about Center V2, as that does not control the DVR.

yup, I agree to that.

Ah crap... One track mind here.

For some reason I had my mind set on the Center Software.

Well then, I will call my rep and find out.

Sorry about that

Yep they should have changed the names a little more ..

Center V2

Control Center ..

LOL

Didn't Control Center appear in the full version of 8.0? I have it. It must install with the main Geo Software?

I have a full version of 8 I can upload if anybody needs it? If that is the solution? I have never tried running it so I don't know anything about it.

Anyway, just trying to help.

Oh, it's just the server for it built into the program I have. You guys are looking for the client? Which I have never seen.

Edited by Guest

ok, talked to my rep. He said that the control center software would require a USB key. There isn't demo that he knew of so it would have to be purchased to really try it out.

ok, talked to my rep. He said that the control center software would require a USB key. There isn't demo that he knew of so it would have to be purchased to really try it out.

Good to know! Usb key isn't that tempting really. To bad, control center could have lifted Geo way above other DVR soft.

Good to know! Usb key isn't that tempting really. To bad, control center could have lifted Geo way above other DVR soft.

actually alot of the other soft has that feature built in .. even the cheaper digiflower ..

actually alot of the other soft has that feature built in .. even the cheaper digiflower ..

Yeah, I know, but if it was possible to run Geos main interface by remote (not VNC) it would have been better then Chance-I and Avermedia.

The only thing that would be missing is the timeline.

What soft do you use for your remoteprogram? C++, VB or something else?

If it's VB or Python I can give you a hand if you like.

VB6 ... im working on the remote playback now .. well I may leave that for now and just work on the camera and other settings to start with .. as the Playback seems like a ton of work ..

VB6 ... im working on the remote playback now .. well I may leave that for now and just work on the camera and other settings to start with .. as the Playback seems like a ton of work ..

Just let me know if there is someting I can do to help. VB is my backyard .

well the biggest thing is working with the INI files .. well actually that code is done . .. I made my own custom procs to deal with parsing the ini file and form .. its just

that there are so many darn settings with Geo ....

Now there is one thing that really needs to be implemented .. right now im sending a default User and Password back and forth ..

On the server side it looks like this for example ..

#COMMAND=USER:PASS?

What i need is a customizable login so the user can set up the user name and pass themselves .. can be in the registry, database, or text file . just once its customizable is

all .. will need a way for the users to add / remove passwords .. course as we are dealing with Remote stuff we could even do an Admin Program specially for that .. which keeps

a list of DVRs and a Super Admin does all the setup of the DVRs Logins remotely .. just an idea right now ..

It would be passed the same, though Ill use some encryption on the final version .. just so the user and pass is encrypted .... i have some code for that .. though if

you have something else .. worth looking at ..

I may need to think about the login some more ..

Right now it is a self exectuable file but I can make it a set up for both the Server and the Client in the final version ..

Basically it uses the Winsock Control .. ill probably switch to the Sockets Class instead so less controls needed to be installed .. but for now .. the user and pass is sent

each time it "talks" to the server .. The code is actually really simple winsock Server Client stuff, the main code is the parsing of the Geo Files ..

Client Connects, Server Checks user and pass, Server grabs the INI file, Sends it as a string to the Client, Disconnects, Client Parses it and Enters the info on the form .. .. When updating Client connects, Server Checks user and pass, Client sends the changed Text, Disconnects, Server Updates the file..

All of Geo Settings are in INI files, the main one is the one i am working on that has the majority of the settings, including the camera settings and others ..

There are others but they dont effect the main settings.

Another thing that can be done, is changing the skins .. though that would require shutting down Geo and Restarting it .. but that kind of thing is what ive been messing with over the pass couple weeks for other programs .. we can either find the main window and close it .. just terminate it .. or find the Button/Drop Down IDs/Classes(Stop Network, Stop Monitoring, Exit) and emulate clicking those ..the simply restart ..anyway, only needed for the skins .. as they dont take effect unless Geo is Restarted.

Also, i can get the live stream without a problem, for the cameras, just have to see what I can do as far as the brightness, Contrast, etc settings.

Anyway, if its a project you might be interested in .. let me know ..2 heads (or keyboards) are better (or faster) than one ..

Alot more can be done ... just takes ideas ..

Thanks

Rory

I'm on!

Have you looked into the existing ActiveX stuff that is avalible in the Geo structure? I've created an

app that streamed livedata through the ActiveX, but it lacks some features.

I was also thinking of running the API through COM which will be better.

It would be a lot easier with the API documentation though.

It would be very interesting to know the API to the Control Center stuff,

but I guess that Geo uses some type of VNC for that.

I will install VB6 on my Geo computer today and use the object browser to see what I can find there.

Have you looked inte the RPBX ocx control? I've played with it for a hour and

it seems possible to do a decent remote player of it. The problem is how to

sync multiple instances of RPBX.

It doesn't seems to be possible to access the dlls from VB. I'll check with

some C++ buddies to see if any of them can create a wrapper.

Yeah it works, but you cant resize it properly ..

though i could use it .. just it has its limitations also ..

Yeah it works, but you cant resize it properly ..

though i could use it .. just it has its limitations also ..

Resize solved and I might have solved the sync. Give me a couple of days and I'll send you a demo application.

the biggest issue ive had is with some sites you cant auto login .. so you have to enter that darn random letters thing as well as manually enter the use name and password in the pop up ... did you get that part also .?

Also what i meant by resize is it has to be the set size or you dont see the list on the right side ... though i guess we could send commands to it somehow ..

the biggest issue ive had is with some sites you cant auto login .. so you have to enter that darn random letters thing as well as manually enter the use name and password in the pop up ... did you get that part also .?

Also what i meant by resize is it has to be the set size or you dont see the list on the right side ... though i guess we could send commands to it somehow ..

Autologin is solved. I havn't tried the security feature with the random numbers yet.

It is possible to get the DB info separate and put them into a collection or a own defined object, in that case you don't need the treestruct in the activeX. Which means that you can use "FixedScreen" mode and that you can resize.

I'll try to make an inheritace from the activeX to be able to add some more methods, that would be handy

im using this for auto login .. works for some servers, but not all .. havent had the chance to find out why yet .. eg. works with a 6.01 server im using, but not a 7.04 or 8.01 ..

RPBX1.IpAddress = sIP

RPBX1.DisablePWD = True

RPBX1.UserName = sUser

RPBX1.Password = sPass

RPBX1.LoginX

Looks just like mine. Works ok on 7.04 for me. I'll test 8.01 tonight.

One thing that I found is that some of the events goes crazy sometimes and then it refuses to login. Will look into that to