ak357

CCTV, DVR Display for retail store

Hi,

We have retail store which sells Cameras,DVR and etc..

We want to change overall look of the store

Looking for idea or suggestion about "CCTV DVR display for retail store ( shelving,counters and etc...

anybody willing to share some pictures please

Thanks

Edited by Guest

We also have a retail location. For best results, keep it simple. Keep choices to a minimum. Most of the customers don't know what they want, so if you have displays out with boxed items right next to them, if they like it, they can just grab one and pay for it.

If you have too much to look at or too many choices, your customers will not purchase anything. Try to keep your retail stock to a particular brand that you like, that way you only have a few options for them to choose!

We have also been successful with good signs that talk about items, describing how they work, what they do, as well as the steps to choosing the right system.

We sell it all, GPS Trackers, IR illuminators, Counter Surveillance (RF Detectors, Hardwired Cam Detectors, Phone Tap Detectors), Wireless Home Alarms for the DIY folks, rear back up cams, inexpensive DVR's, hidden cameras, Lots of Nick-Nack novelty type items too...

We also have a demo cctv wall, where we have about 10 or so cameras hooked up to a 16ch dvr, and we also have some channels with hookups so that we can show them a camera pulled right out of the box.

Let me know if you have any other questions....

Thanks for info !

Do you mind to share some picture of your store

by the way what is wrong with your website

I get blank page

I would like to call you if dont mind

Thanks again

I don't have pics available at this time, but I can certainly take some for you. I don't konw whats wrong with my site, I'm looking into it.

You can call anytime, 541-342-8111, ask for Ryan.

You are trying to redecorate your store and the info you have recieved so far from others sounds good. We haven't a store, only offices and we have been selling CCTV longer than anyone, 58 years. We have found the biggest thing we promote is the end result. Printed color pictures, showing what the systems can do. Make the pictures as large as possible before they start to fall apart. You might get some pictures that are pretty bad taken with a CCTV system like the one's they sell at Sam's Club "etc"

Try to get these goofy pictures in black and white. They will sell your systems more that anything. It's better if you have some actual scenes like a holdup and such. I hope your not a local competing with us.

I'm in Indiana, near Chicago. Best regards John.

We haven't a store, only offices and we have been selling CCTV longer than anyone, 58 years. I hope your not a local competing with us. I'm in Indiana, near Chicago. Best regards John.

Am I the only one who sees these comments as defensive dick waving?

While I find your comments about the use of pictures an excellent idea... the part that sticks out to me is the "I hope you're not in my area, and oh yea, I am the best!" mentality.

I am sure there are a few companies on this site in close proximity, and I am sure they help each other out. We can't expect to have every sale. I don't think the Chicago market is going to collapse if another company opens up.

Sorry if this upsets you, but if I was new to this site, and asking questions... I'd take those select comments as "shut up noob and leave, you're not welcome".

Sorry for your thoughts. The competition part was sort of a joke. Giving trade secrets out to the guy down the street I don't think is proper in the business world. To be a sucess in the business world you never give the other guy around you, a clue on what you are doing. From your language I suspect you are young and rather new to the field. Over the years numerous CCTV companies have come and gone. The industry recently has been flooded with a large group only getting in to make a buck and then tap it out. From what I have determined by the original poster, he is setting up business to stay. With store and looking for ideas. Now for your posting I haven't detected any value for this original poster in your posting what so ever. For myself I intent to ignore such coments.

Another good idea for a retail storefront is to be near some place this is kind of "do it yourself", like Home Depot, Hardware Stores, Radio Shack, etc...This will be your most interested customer for actually walking in and buying something.