kilojade

help, poor picture quality ip hikvison system 5mp

Hi, I have just set up my Cctv. It’s a Hikvision 4x 5mp system. On my 4K tv. The Nvr also supports 4K. Problem is when all cameras are on substream or auto there picture quality is very poor in split screen . If I click the cameras into mainstream only 1 camera out of the 4 works and is crystal clear! The other 3 say no resource.

Now if I left them all in auto they all show up but the picture quality is poor. But if I double click a camera and it becomes full screen it’s crystal clear! But then when switch back to split screen blurry again.

I have messed about with settings for hours tried everything no luck.

1 thing it may be due to no internet? Our internet isn’t working at the min so making me think it’s due to no internet ? But then again surely it doesn’t need internet to get a good picture?

just seems strange how only 1 cam works in mainstream and is perfect.

1 last thing. Would I need to update firmware? If so how do I do that lol. My model number is DS-7604NI-K1-4P

Hi,

The unit you have is not powerful enough to display all 4 5MP camera main streams.

You would need a DS-7608NI-I2(/8P) to display all main streams at once.

Hi thanks for reply. Ar dam!! But my nvr supports up to 4K! Why would they sell these 5mp cams with this nvr if it’s not capable of putting out just 5mp when it’s ment to put out up to 8mp?

This same nvr is sold with 8mp cams as well.

DS-7604NI-K1/4P is Hikvision's New 4ch 4K video NVR with 8 POE ports accepting up to 8MP cameras using the latest H265 compression, with incoming bandwith of 40Mbps.

From the world No.1 manufacturer of DVR's & NVR's this is Hikvision's new DS-7604NI-K1/4P network video recorder with 4K Ultra High Definition video output. This impressive NVR has up to 4K (8MP) resolution recording with 40Mbps incoming bandwidth, 80Mbps outgoing bandwidth and 1 SATA interfaces for installing up to 6TB hard drives. It uses the latest H.265 video encoding for 40-50% lower bit rates and storage than traditional H.264. 4 built in POE ports provide data and power allowing plug and play capability when using Hikvision IP cameras for easy installation.

KEY FEATURES

Dual-OS design to ensure high reliability of system running

ANR technology to enhance the storage reliability when the network is disconnected HD Input

H.265/H.264/H.264+ video formats

Connectable to the third-party network cameras

4 IP cameras can be connected

Recording at up to 8 MP resolution

Supports live view, storage, and playback of the connected camera at up to 8 MP resolution HD Output

HDMI/VGA outputs provided

HDMI Video output at up to 4K (3840 × 2160) resolution HD Storage

1 SATA interfaces connectable for recording and backup

Storage space effectively saved by 50% to 70% with the use of H.264+ decoding format