stevenjeff

newbie! Help looking to Connect 3 Cameras to Computer?

I am looking to connect 3 cameras up to a computer. I just puchased the BNC/RJ45 connectors and have already run the CAT 5E cable. Runs are less then 300 ft.

Can anybody tell me the cheapest way to go about this? Are there any Cameras that do not require a power cord. Any suggestions on the type of card to buy for my PC and Camera, and anything else.

I am on a very restrictive budget but want CCTV installed. I tried the webcams.

Thank you very much for your time.

Stay away from the pico type cards on ebay, unless your budget is very low, as they are not that good....

When you say you have the bnc/rj45 connectors and cat 5e cable, what have you installed already, and how are you planning to wire the cams?

You can get line fed cameras which get their power over the video signal, but they are not cheap, and not common these days. Your probably better off looking into siamese cable which has power and coax in one (not used it, but it sounds a good idea)

I personally went the other way, and have just one input on my pc, but its switchable through multiplexers and a matrix (got way to much stuff on ebay lol) so I can control/view any camera I need to.