pollito

IP Camra + IR Illuminator

Recently I was given the task to improve the CCTV system that is currently in place where I work (warehouse). It consists of 11 IP cameras and a Software suite for monitoring and recording purposes.

The biggest issue I have at the moment is that all these cameras don't have any IR assistance for dark situations. Due to budget problems I am being forced to look for alternatives other than replacing the existing cameras with night enabled ones.

The cameras are Trendware TV-IP100 and TV-IP100w. I know they are sensitive to some extent to IR light so my first thought for solving this is using IR illuminators to enable the cameras to "see" at night and enable them to recognize movement and stop them from recording all night long because of noisy dark images.

Will the IR illuminators be enough or am I going in the wrong direction?

Thanks for your help!!!

If I can't use IR, what other option do I have?

The easy way is to leave the lights on, but this raises some concerns regarding electric bills.

My issue here is that at night the cameras instead of producing a uniform (steady) dark image, they produce a blurry dark image full of "moving" noise, this causes the software to identify this as movement and spends all night recording useless images.

If you have any suggestions I'd appreciate them very much.

Get cheaper (power consumption) outside lights or get a real security camera system.

I would try and figure out how much light they really need which I think will be the killer. I doubt you just need ~some~ light.

You can also feel free to throw money at the problem too, if so I use paypal.

recomend providing your boss with 2 options. pay the electric bill or update the system. to update I'd recommend seperate camera & IR. camera's need a low light IR capablity with a decent noise reduction built in..............and then buy a good LED IR unit. place the camera for decent pics and then use the IR to focus your pic at night for the best view. stay with 12vdc on all as it will be easier to maintain and set-up.

beware of IR specs as they always say higer, longer, better. Just cut all the specs in half and you'll be closer to actual.