McJannet

1,000 metre zoom lens

Client has an application where he desires to be able to identify sex, hair color, clothing color and clothing type in order to advise security personnel who they are looking for inside a large compound.

At 1,000 metre distance. (Perimeter surviellance)

Which is about a 2,000 mm lens on a 1/3 inch camera.

Any suggestions, megapixel cameras with a smaller lens perhaps?

Regards:

Dave

I did it once using Telescope and color board camera

ask mechanical shop to make adapter

remove first lens on telescope and remove board lens from camera

then it's easy to figure out

hope its helps

good luck

I was able to read license plate abot 700m away

tel.jpg.2ea596543fee38206bde60526845ced7.jpg

Thanks for the telescope idea, but it has to be mounted on a pole with PTZ in a petrochemical facility near the ocean.

Talked to the rep, who pointed to Fujinon and am now interested in this lens, which is 40 - 2200 when fitted with 2x converter.

http://www.fujinoncctv.com/pdfs/cctv0904/C55x20D-ENSE11.pdf

Anyone ever use these, I'm interested in camera suggestion (must be day/night) for example a 1/2" Ikegami ICD-848P?

Regards:

Dave[/img]

Looks good, what about night time though? Remember it gets darker as you zoom in telephoto. Are you going to use some form of long range Infrared?

You would need a very good pan tilt to move around a 20 Kilogram lens, plus the weight of the hardware needed to secure the camera to the lens so it doesnt just snap the camera in half, plus any lighting, control etc.

In addition to supporting the weight (which could easily exceed 25 kilo) it would need to be very, very smooth moving, as the *slightest* angle of movement on the pan tilt head would equal HUGE movement at the end of the zoom. The longer the zoom, the harder to control it is.

You would need a very good pan tilt to move around a 20 Kilogram lens, plus the weight of the hardware needed to secure the camera to the lens so it doesnt just snap the camera in half, plus any lighting, control etc.

In addition to supporting the weight (which could easily exceed 25 kilo) it would need to be very, very smooth moving, as the *slightest* angle of movement on the pan tilt head would equal HUGE movement at the end of the zoom. The longer the zoom, the harder to control it is.

I just hope the client is paying at least $150K for this cool camera

i really doubt its that lux level, as that doesnt exist. Thats one of those budget specs ...

Now if they want to back it up, then they need to post some images and video ... cause noones gonna spend $8K on their word ... Toshiba's not exactly the pro in the cctv name

interesting indeed ... send me one , ill pay yah later

colors a lil weird but still impressive ... Ive seen the starlight camera under a couple smaller name brands over the last couple years (never with a demo though), wonder if this is the same camera? Toshiba finally got a decent camera in their line (dont worry i know they got some machine vision ones also )

Still think he needs to charge $150K for the camera he is "building" to view people's faces at 2000 metres