justme

Looking for good deals on about 750' of cable

I just got an excdn-56 and am very happy with the quality. I need to connect it to about 750' of cable and was hoping someone could point me to a good site that sells decent cable cheap. Or, are there any chain stores that are known for having decent cable?

I believe what I needs is coax, twin 18g power leads and I'd even like to have another pair of coppers for future audio expansion, but that isn't a necessity.

You'll need Siamese coax cable, both coax and power are in same jacket.

Just make sure you get 95% copper braid copper core. Comes in 1000' and 500' lengths. Because of heavy weight best bet is to look for a local wire supplier. Most likely there will be a Graybar in your area so check with them and see if you can buy it. Freight alone will offset any savings you could find from a distributor not in your area. Also Richardson Electronics carries it. What is your location?

Just be carefull of shipping costs, cable is heavy, so buy it locally, always ask if it made locally and if it is then it will be better than the stuff from Asia.

Wiht Siamese cable be carefull as well, the cost of Copper has gone up recently so many cable companies are now selling Siamese cable with only 12 strands int he power and this means you can not run it as far.

many cable companies are now selling Siamese cable with only 12 strands int he power and this means you can not run it as far.

But if it's still 18g, I should be ok, right? If not, can't I just bump the DC up on the other end to make up for the loss? In other words, if my 12V ends up being 9V at the end, I should be able to feed 15V and end up with 12V after loss.

Any idea how much DC loss I should expect over 750' or is it all trial and error?

I just ran three drops that were about 600 feet a drop and didnt have any voltage drop at the end, If you want I can get the cable for you here in michigan and send it out to you, i get pretty good deals from the company i deal with.

peter