313-313

tempest dvrs

Has anyone used tempest dvrs? They have a s-video port for connecting to CCTV monitors. How would you convert s-video to BNC/RCA.?

thanks

Is the SVideo on the DVR card or the Video Card?

Also, you can get an S-Video-RCA adaptor, then you plug the RCA cable into that. If the CCTV monitor has BNC then use a RCA-BNC ... though it would be best to buy a CCTV monitor which has SVideo as that will be slightly better quality, and you will loose slightly in the 2 conversions.

Switch it for a Video card with RCA if you want ... ATI have some .. or likle i said use a SVid - RCA Convertor .. they cost like $25 down here though ...

Any tempest users or installers in the forum?. haven't gotten any response about their performance and software. I have downloaded their software and connected to their demo unit. There are quiet a few bugs and hangups

I installed a few Tempest DVRs...

They have NVidia video cards with s-video, vga, and newer units have digital output. They come with an s-video to bnc connector.

(i don't like to use the s-video, vga is better)

I personally like these units... Not a bad unit for the price.

I have some small issues with Tempest, but their software has improved in the past year.

As for demos, the IE interface is horrible.

Interceptor client software is nice.