gmark

How Fit Fingers to Remove / Install BNC Connectors on DVR???

I have had several Swann security DVRs and the BNC connectors on the back seem to e getting closer and closer together. I can't GRAB the things to install or remove or turn! Is there a tool or something to do this easily? Or a method???

Hi. Tools have been around as long as BNCs never used one myself.

But there online for around $8 to $10

Called BNC removal tool.

1D3F714B-E108-458A-B0A6-9AD0D30F20FD.jpeg.46f2947d5c8fbc25eba9bd1530e831db.jpeg

I often have the same problem on a fully equiped machine and I dont have fat fingers. The method I use is to fit the BNC loosly onto the socket. While holding a finger on ONE side of it , use a small flat bladed screwdriver on the knurled part of the plug to push it on and turn.

@Tom - never seen or heard of those bnc tools, will have to investigate.

I often have the same problem on a fully equiped machine and I dont have fat fingers. The method I use is to fit the BNC loosly onto the socket. While holding a finger on ONE side of it , use a small flat bladed screwdriver on the knurled part of the plug to push it on and turn.

@Tom - never seen or heard of those bnc tools, will have to investigate.

Hi toss I got mine about 28 years ago they used to come free with bulk bncs

If you buy one go for the short one

The problem with my Swann camera inputs is that they have a fat thick cable instead of a smooth coax cable.  I have 2 of the BNC tools one short and one middle length and neither one will fit over the thick cable to reach the metal connectors that turn. Any suggestions for a different tool.  I have used the tools for years at Telco on BNC connectors and have not had this problem!

On 7/3/2019 at 3:16 AM, Cyn said:

The problem with my Swann camera inputs is that they have a fat thick cable instead of a smooth coax cable.  I have 2 of the BNC tools one short and one middle length and neither one will fit over the thick cable to reach the metal connectors that turn. Any suggestions for a different tool.  I have used the tools for years at Telco on BNC connectors and have not had this problem!

Would it help to add a BNC Male to Male connector, they only cost a £1.00 or so if it doesn't work?

BNC Male to Male Plug Coupler Coaxial Connector Adapter.jpg

Would it make the connection longer? It just might be worth a try since like you said they are cheap! Thank I will try it.

1 hour ago, Cyn said:

Would it make the connection longer? It just might be worth a try since like you said they are cheap! Thank I will try it.

Yeah just to make it stick out further than the other connectors, I have never seen the tool so I don't know if it will fit.

IMG_7856 n.JPG