Sign in to follow this  
sodagar

DVR LAN NETWORK PROBLEM

I have a Stand alone DVR Naming X-VISION.

it has real time display and record speed of 50 fps. Did any body know its actual manufacturer? i only know that this DVR is made in korea.

I am facing a problem in this unit, when i connect the lan cable it gives a flash of light on lan port and doesnt make connection to the network. i have also checked the cable and its fine.

but when i connect the second unit it works perfectly on to the same cable.

kindly helpme.

Are they both configured the same? I would (if you haven't already) carefully compare the network configuration screens between both units.

If they both seem the same, you might try resetting the unit that's not working to the factory default settings and then starting over with the Network setup?

If they're configured for manual IP setup, you have to put all the right information in (address, submask, gateway, etc.) before they will work on the LAN. It might also be one is set for DHCP and the other manual config?

If you need support from the manufacture, this is exactly what I was talking about in my Everfocus post. Most DVRs are too expensive to be considered "disposable". But when you buy a no-name DVR, it can be difficult to get support for it--especially when you don't even know who the real manufacture is. In the future, I'd suggest buying from manufactures that have offices in the country you live in.

Try setting a static ip on the dvr then ping the dvr's static ip from the router/gateway. Ive had problems with dvr's not being recognised by some router/gateway untill I ping the dvr's ip with the router so that it is recognized.