I have an HD 0670 with the option to change protocols. In order to control the Pan/Tilt, etc., I need an HMC-250 (can't be found anywhere!) or something that has the CTNCOM protocol. I'm looking for a stand-alone controller. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

The HD-0670 is a camera model no. and it's made by CTNCOM. My original message said "with the option" when I really meant to say "without the option". So therefore, I cannot change the protocol as it is pre-set to the CTNCOM protocol.

I have not been able to find any stand-alone controller (other than the HMC-250) that uses this protocol. Unfortunately, I can't find one of these controllers anywhere and I've scoured the internet. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other controller that would work.

Thanks

Solved my problem. I still haven't been able to find a controller that uses the CTNCOM protocol but was able to figure out the protocol codes by reading them in thru the comm port on my PC, using an old Ascendent DVMR. (using the DVMR to control or access the menu is a chore in itself... not very intuitive and continually gives errors, but I was able to eventually get all the codes... I did have difficulty trying to figure out how the checksum was being calculated, but after trial and error I finally got that too)

After having all that info, I was able to write a program on my PC. It has a graphical interface that is able to completly control the camera. I now have access to the camera's menu and am able to set all the system info and camera options as well as the camera positions and scans.(something that was next to impossible using the DVMR) Also, the pan, tilt and zoom are controlled by an old cheap joystick connected to the PC.

If anyone else has problems finding a controller using CTNCOM protocol and wants a copy of the program, send me an email and I'd be happy to share it.

Two limitations it has at this time is that it only works when connected to CAM 1 and on Comm port 1 of the PC. I began programming it and hard coded the camera and Comm port number and only realized it when I was more than half way through but was too lazy to go back and change it. It wouldn't take much (1 varialble for each and an addition to the GUI) and I will eventually go back and do it although mine is set to camera 1 (and I only have one Comm port on my PC) and unless I needed to control more than one of these cameras, I don't need it.

Joe,

I also have a few ptz's from CTNCOM i've e-mailed them at least 20 times. i have found a few others on web that sell the HMC-250 controller, but again none of them emailed back. On CTN's site is a PC program that you can use to control ptz using a rs232 to rs485 on com1 you can get into the menus and change things, and control ptz, but can't input and numbers or letters don't know if you have this program or not? Also ITP has same ptz's and most is made by MDI in Tx. If you still have the box it came in check its model number on side to MDI's numbers:) Anyway give me a shout, i would like to try your program.Thanks

Don

Solved my problem. I still haven't been able to find a controller that uses the CTNCOM protocol but was able to figure out the protocol codes by reading them in thru the comm port on my PC, using an old Ascendent DVMR. (using the DVMR to control or access the menu is a chore in itself... not very intuitive and continually gives errors, but I was able to eventually get all the codes... I did have difficulty trying to figure out how the checksum was being calculated, but after trial and error I finally got that too)

After having all that info, I was able to write a program on my PC. It has a graphical interface that is able to completly control the camera. I now have access to the camera's menu and am able to set all the system info and camera options as well as the camera positions and scans.(something that was next to impossible using the DVMR) Also, the pan, tilt and zoom are controlled by an old cheap joystick connected to the PC.

If anyone else has problems finding a controller using CTNCOM protocol and wants a copy of the program, send me an email and I'd be happy to share it.

Two limitations it has at this time is that it only works when connected to CAM 1 and on Comm port 1 of the PC. I began programming it and hard coded the camera and Comm port number and only realized it when I was more than half way through but was too lazy to go back and change it. It wouldn't take much (1 varialble for each and an addition to the GUI) and I will eventually go back and do it although mine is set to camera 1 (and I only have one Comm port on my PC) and unless I needed to control more than one of these cameras, I don't need it.

please could you send me a copy of the program a the connection to camara details or schematics.

thanks