Sir Flannel

remote recording

Have a customer who wants to monitor and record his shop cameras at his home. The place was broken into and they managed to destroy the DVR recently. Both ends will have high speed internet, what systems are there to do this? We're talking about 10 cameras max. Thanks

PANASONIC MAKES A SERIES OF NETWORK CAMERAS THAT ARE PRETTY NICE AND THEY SELL AN OPTIONAL SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO RECORD AT THE LOCATION THAT IS BEING MONITORED

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelList?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&catGroupId=25097&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702

THIS WOULD BE THE RECORDING SOFTWARE

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=93695&catGroupId=25098&modelNo=&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702

I SELL A LOT OF THESE WITH GREAT FEEDBACK

If there still some camera need to reuse. you may install the web server, usually come in 1 or 4 port. Broadband direct link to web server and your customer may do recording at home.

I use a remote hard drive. I hide the hard drive somewhere else. Most thieves will not take the time to figure out if the PC DVR is recording on hard drive or remote they would just destroy or take the PC. Route the hard drive cables with the cameras so it will be lost on the bunch.

You can use an external HDD, or also with Geo Vision you can do offsite recording over the internet using the supplied Center2 Software.

or you may choose some system that provide CMS(Sentral Monitoring system) software which you are able to remote recording, remote play abck and remote bakup.