Sign in to follow this  
Jan_Aalb

New Hiwatch system... ok or other idears?

Hi

I'm thinking about buying a Hiwatch

NVR-208M-A/8P and 3 x IPC-D140 Hiwatch cameras.

- Is this a combination anybody will recomend? Or do you see a better alternative in same price range?

- Are there some thing to be suspicious about. (grey market / china models.....)

The system will be used as a private surveillance of my parrents house/garden.

I have a DS-7716NI with 2155 / 2185 cams my self, and know this system, and would therefore like them to have this brand. But don't quite know how mutch difference there are in the two systems?

Regards Jan /Denmark

The difference is simple. Hiwatch is a budget line of devices from hikvision.

However, for outdoor use, I would recommend cameras without a glass dome. From time to time it becomes cloudy and the backlight begins to reflect from it. The image becomes muddy. I don’t know maybe hikvision doesn't have this, but other brands often happen.

However, for outdoor use, I would recommend cameras without a glass dome. From time to time it becomes cloudy and the backlight begins to reflect from it. The image becomes muddy..

I know about the problem with glass domes from my own 2155 / 2185 cams. But never been a big issue here.

However. I could see a problem in dust, snow and spiders, collecting in "corners" of cameras without glass domes. And I think it might be easyer for unwanted people to manipulate with the direction view of the camera, when there is no protection dome on the camera. But thats just my thoughts......