mstgkillr

Design for New Construction

Long story short, my 2,200 sqft, single story home is being rebuilt after a major house fire. Over 50% of the roof trusses are being replaced, all roof sheathing, shingles, soffits, drywall, tile, cabinets, wiring, plumbing, etc... It's basically being taken down to the block and studs.

Unfortunately, with all of the other decisions around the rebuild and insurance, I do not have much time to research security systems. At the bare minimum, I would like to prewire a complete security system while the it is easy to do so. Is there a good design out there that I can just copy? If there are any good Black Friday deals, I would purchase the equipment also. I run solely Apple products at home, if that makes a difference.

I'm not sure if this an option or recommended, but it sounds nice to have access through my phone or be able to switch the input of my TV and have the cameras pop up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

not knowing exactly what you are needing I would reccommend running cat 6 with spares to every location you think you may need a camera,sensor or other ethernet device. most modern systems will run on this cable and it can be adapted as needed for voice video or access control.

not knowing exactly what you are needing I would reccommend running cat 6 with spares to every location you think you may need a camera,sensor or other ethernet device. most modern systems will run on this cable and it can be adapted as needed for voice video or access control.

I'm really not sure what I need to be honest. I was thinking at least 10 cameras total, 2 cameras at each corner of my house, one camera at the front door and rear doors.

Here is an aerial view of my home. I was thinking of running Carlon Riser-Gard conduit to camera locations (all home runs), so that I can add, replace, upgrade wiring as needed. 

Can anyone help with ideal locations to mount cameras, and quantity... just trying to get the prewire correct for now.

DJI_0017.jpg