Sign in to follow this  
neurosurveillance

Neurosurveillance - Ai-software For Ip-cameras

I am Thorsten Hempel and developer of NeuroSurveillance, an AI-Software that detects motion, faces and recognises faces in your ip-camera stream. You can train the system individual faces, so the software knows when a familiar our unfamiliar face passes your cameras.

NeuroSurveillance contains also an alertsystem, that will notify you via sms, email or windows notification that a certain motion has happened, faces have been detected or specific faces have been recognised (or not recognised to detect unwelcomed person). More alert options will come later.

I will add more classifiers from time to time, like license plate recognition, certain animal detection etc. So stay tuned for more.

If you are interested, feel free to visit my website https://www.neurosurveillance.com

You can reach me through the contact form if you have an question or want to preorder first licenses, which will be free in alpha version. You can also ask here of course, since I already here for longer as a passiv reader.

Have a good day.

The basic license will be free for two cameras.

Premium license will come in a later stage and its price will depend on my costs for 3rd party services. For example building a bridge for whatapps, since there is no official api yet.

Premium license will come in a later stage and its price will depend on my costs for 3rd party services. For example building a bridge for whatapps, since there is no official api yet.

Ok how much for basic licence for 8 cameras

Ok how much for basic licence for 8 cameras

Basic is fixed to 2 cameras.

Premium will support up to 8 cameras inlcuding other additional features like Whatsapp and Telegramm Alerts, License Plate Recognition.

The price will range about 30 Dollars/month.

You are welcome to send me a message on my website neurosurveillance.com. I would be glad to keep you updated about the releases.

If you have other questions, feel free to ask.

That’s the problem ..... $360 a year licence fee.

That would buy a nvr with face detect licence plate detect. Tripwire

Why would you want WhatsApp on a system. That takes your software away from the commercial market

That’s the problem ..... $360 a year licence fee.

That would buy a nvr with face detect licence plate detect. Tripwire

Why would you want WhatsApp on a system. That takes your software away from the commercial market

Face detection is one thing, face recognition another.

I think for b2c whatsapp alerts can be very interesting. Specially because email is pretty outdated.

Edit: Another thing is that my software doesn't use cloud computing. Most solutions use extern ressource for image processing, which is not really helpful for your privacy.

Yes I know they are .....but if you need to save and name a snapshot of your staff of workers or family it’s only do what’s entered.

Avermedia has had that free on there systems for 15 years.

I think for b2c whatsapp alerts can be very interesting. Specially because email is pretty outdated.

B2c is not a cheap product to pass on to customers I guess this will be snap shot only again because of cost. What about video?

You could call the car outdated. It’s been around for over 100 years

Email is free.

So your going b2c. Does this mean for $360 you have no platform apps ?

People like to buy and use cctv. Years ago it was used for security.

There is nothing in your software that is not already free in a nvr and there is no coin slot on a nvr to use it

Yes I know they are .....but if you need to save and name a snapshot of your staff of workers or family it’s only do what’s entered.

Avermedia has had that free on there systems for 15 years.

B2c is not a cheap product to pass on to customers I guess this will be snap shot only again because of cost. What about video?

You could call the car outdated. It’s been around for over 100 years

Email is free.

So your going b2c. Does this mean for $360 you have no platform apps ?

People like to buy and use cctv. Years ago it was used for security.

There is nothing in your software that is not already free in a nvr and there is no coin slot on a nvr to use it

Actually, no NVR can do what his software claims to be able to do. Face detection in cameras simply does not work with any degree of accuracy. If you want LPR you need to buy expensive lpr cameras and options for alerts a limited.

Home users are salivating at the chance to use some smart AI that doesnt require the cloud and very expensive monthly fees. 360 is reasonable for 8 cameras. You dont need it for every camera you have.

Did he get a friend to join the forum

Actually, no NVR can do what his software claims to be able to do. Face detection in cameras simply does not work with any degree of accuracy.

Stupid comment .......so face detection only works on this software...... that is a stupid claim since it’s not been used yet.

If you want LPR you need to buy expensive lpr cameras and options for alerts a limited.

No you don’t. You can pick plates up with a good quality camera.

360 is reasonable for 8 cameras. You dont need it for every camera you have.

£360-$420. Is what op said is the cost for 8 cameras a year.

So how does your option work. Do customers call you each day and say I’m only using 4 of my 8 cameras today can I have some money back.

But since you know a lot about the company can you answer the question the op has not answered.

What apps are available for this software on IOS or android

Home users are salivating

Not with a cost of £360-$420 a year cost. And can I just point something out for a home owner. Most homes will not go out and buy a pc just dedicated to cctv so that’s another expensive cost.

£360-$420 will buy a homeowner a good brand name nvr with no ongoing costs

Did he get a friend to join the forum

Actually, no NVR can do what his software claims to be able to do. Face detection in cameras simply does not work with any degree of accuracy.

Stupid comment .......so face detection only works on this software...... that is a stupid claim since it’s not been used yet.

If you want LPR you need to buy expensive lpr cameras and options for alerts a limited.

No you don’t. You can pick plates up with a good quality camera.

360 is reasonable for 8 cameras. You dont need it for every camera you have.

£360-$420. Is what op said is the cost for 8 cameras a year.

So how does your option work. Do customers call you each day and say I’m only using 4 of my 8 cameras today can I have some money back.

But since you know a lot about the company can you answer the question the op has not answered.

What apps are available for this software on IOS or android

Home users are salivating

Not with a cost of £360-$420 a year cost. And can I just point something out for a home owner. Most homes will not go out and buy a pc just dedicated to cctv so that’s another expensive cost.

£360-$420 will buy a homeowner a good brand name nvr with no ongoing costs

I am not sure where you came up with the 420$.

I don't want to discuss what people want and what people need.

I build ai classifiers and features because I like it and I know that the ip camera market lacks of software with these elements, specially software without a gui from the 90s.

AI systems are still young. They consume a lot of ressources, yet they perform worse than the human brain most of the time.

But this will change quickly. Hardware becomes more powerful and cheaper. The next PI generation will run my algorithms that will make hardware investment very cheap.

I build ai classifiers and features because I like it and I know that the ip camera market lacks of software with these elements, specially software without a gui from the 90s.

I don't know what other systems you have been looking at but you are so wrong.

I am not having a go at your software ...... But I have seen so many make mistakes that it never gets anywhere

Plus you have to remember over 80% of CCTV tech is already copyright protected.

Your web page talks about IP cameras ..... Is your software ONVIF?

And again what remote software do you have .......your asking a lot of money and not giving basic info

I don't know what other systems you have been looking at but you are so wrong.

I am not having a go at your software ...... But I have seen so many make mistakes that it never gets anywhere

Could you elaborate this?

Plus you have to remember over 80% of CCTV tech is already copyright protected.

I am not sure what you mean. I don't use any cctv data. No cloud computing, no leakage.

Or do you mean that a specific patent?

Your web page talks about IP cameras ..... Is your software ONVIF?

And again what remote software do you have .......your asking a lot of money and not giving basic info

Yes, IP-Cameras, connected via ip camera address.

I am not asking for any money yet. My first version will be free of any charge for a lifetime. If everything is working fine there might be coming a premium version. I made a ruff price estimation for this version, because you asked for it. But this is not sure yet. Maybe it will cost 30, maybe 10, maybe 50. Maybe free. It depends on the circumstances, since I am just doing it in my free time.

Yes, IP-Cameras, connected via ip camera address.

From that quote....... I take it your not involved in CCTV?

It is not that simple. Even now there is no software or standalone that will run every IP camera.

Also as of October every CCTV recorder has to comply with. GDPR

From what I can see from your website whatsapp / Facebook is going to handle some of your customers data. That is going to be your first problem ......and rules out commercial and high security locations.

And again no answer to what remote software or apps do you have. If your answer is none. Your software is going back to old tech which the DIYer would not use.

I agree with the OP in that AI and privacy are going to be playing an important role. Local processing is going to be crucial for regulation compliance. including metadata sent out for notifications. Be careful there as it is a slippery slope.

I do recommend if it is your product (it seems as it is), check out the competition, there are other offering similar free version for tested technology for up to 3 or unlimited cameras. https://get.sentinel.watch/black-edition or http://www.safr.com

I agree with the OP in that AI and privacy are going to be playing an important role. Local processing is going to be crucial for regulation compliance. including metadata sent out for notifications. Be careful there as it is a slippery slope.

I do recommend if it is your product (it seems as it is), check out the competition, there are other offering similar free version for tested technology for up to 3 or unlimited cameras. https://get.sentinel.watch/black-edition or http://www.safr.com

Thank you for your message and very interesting links. I will check it out.