moj

Re Hikvision Ip Camera lag !

Hi Guy's !

I need your help if you don't mind , i have just bought a hikvision DS-2CD2085FWD-I 8mp ip camera which is connected directly to a microsoft surface 4 pro tablet by a short ethernet cable .

I also have some external software on my tablet which needs a url to view the ip camera on which i have had to use the 

rtsp://User:Password@LocalIPorDDNSorISPIPAddress:PortForCamera/PSIA/Streaming/channels/1

realtime url address to view the live image on my software . 

now the problem i'm having is on this software the moving image is really laggy and sometime is a couple of seconds to catch back up yet on the hikvision admin login setup etc the moving live image has no lag at all and view's perfect ??

Now my question is what can i do to stop the bad lag that i'm seeing on my software , also this is not connected to the internet in any way seeing as it's direct ip camera to the tablet etc so any idea's guy's  ???

thanks in advance ;)

Thanks for the reply , I've worked out I had to lower the resolution to 720p and it's being more seam less image now and this is being run on an i5 processor so you would think it would easily handle video.

36 minutes ago, moj said:

Thanks for the reply , I've worked out I had to lower the resolution to 720p and it's being more seam less image now and this is being run on an i5 processor so you would think it would easily handle video.

Hi. You have far from worked it out if you needed to run at 720p.

change from h265 to h264. 

And why are you using the RSTP port ?