Sign in to follow this  
corviarbob

digital video recorder model nvr6208 model setup

ok lets start over with this is got side tracked.

i have this unit an nvr. i got it to view and record my wifi ip cameras. no cameras connect to this unit directly. this unit only has the port for the network. my cameras are on the network i can type in the camera ip address and port and it comes up on pm pc.  i'm again at the restored main page on this nvr at the setup screen. i have 8 ip address slots on this one. when i go to the network test it says it is connected to the network i go to the main menu and the network page i get the ip address and all that stuff for the network.  the media port is 34567 the http port is 80 i have forwarded these on my modem. when i test the network it says gateway ok. test network ok. test dns ok. network tested successfully. this is as far as i know how to go.  in system config i go to general and i have machine name as local host and dvr no. 0 language video storage logout and startup wizard i check that for now.

no rs232 no rs485. channel status unknown for all 8 now.digital channels only lit up for channel 1 and not enabled now ipc failed to get configuration. no alarm set. tha is about all for this it has more but for now they are not going to help me set up and camera. they are just extra types of settings once i have cameras installed.

so this is suppose to find cameras on my network. i turned off the dvr that had 3 cams on it because it found that one by itself and i need to be able to get past that. it is not going to be in the system i only want 5 ip hard wired wifi cameras on this unit. those cameras are on my network and like i said i can type in there ip address and ports and i see them even form a restaurant.  so it seems if i'm on my side of my network i should be able to type in that ip address on this nvr and find a camera.  thanks

if you want screen shots of different page on the nvr let me know.

59 minutes ago, corviarbob said:

only want 5 ip hard wired wifi cameras on this unit. those cameras are on my network and like i said i can type in there ip address and ports and i see them even form a restaurant.  so it seems if i'm on my side of my network i should be able to type in that ip address on this nvr and find a camera

Which IP address are you using .......hope not the one when you can see from restaurant.

also change your http port from 80 

what make of IP cameras are you using