Sign in to follow this  
justsomeguy

Is it possible to hook up auto iris lens to this board?

Hello all, long time lurker for tinkering on my home system, recently I had a gas thief that prompted me to upgrade my 960h system to a dahua pentabrid which I have been upgrading the boards in some of the cameras to try and save money.
I am working on making a couple cameras dedicated to catching license plate numbers as it seems to be cheaper than trying to have one camera that does it all.

My question is this; does anyone know if I can solder something on to this board to get an auto iris lens to work? In the OSD menu I have options for manual lens or dc but there is no jumper so I am thinking I may be able to solder a few wires and get an auto iris to work. It would really help my poor mans LPR attempts... thanks!

Pics of board are identical to this item here on ebay (hope that is not against the rules, I can upload pics if needed)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1080P-AHD-Module-CCTV-Camera-board-Sony-IMX322-2441-Starlight-Low-illumination/142458676564

after a bit more research I am going to say I do not believe it is possible but would love for someone to correct me! I doubt that any of the unsoldered lugs are the four wires (c+c-d+d-) I would need... will have to get another board.

Hi no it’s not possible. 

So your doing all this messing around to save money and it does not work .... so buying more boards 

from your first link ...... if you put $2 extra dollars to it ..... (price of a coffee)

its already built for you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2MP-1080P-Analog-CCTV-Dome-Camera-4in1-TVI-AHD-CVI-CVBS-2-8mm-100-View-Angle/253809045864?hash=item3b1832b168:m:m59xrFnnmsO5mDB4oIqveYw

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi no it’s not possible. 

So your doing all this messing around to save money and it does not work .... so buying more boards 

from your first link ...... if you put $2 extra dollars to it ..... (price of a coffee)

its already built for you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2MP-1080P-Analog-CCTV-Dome-Camera-4in1-TVI-AHD-CVI-CVBS-2-8mm-100-View-Angle/253809045864?hash=item3b1832b168:m:m59xrFnnmsO5mDB4oIqveYw

this camera does not seem to have auto iris control at all. The cheapest cameras I have found start around $40. Also the reason I asked about altering this specific board is because I have some of them already and the option is in the menu however I would imagine it is just a generic firmware and the hardware on this board does not support auto iris or auto focus for that matter.

Ok if it says it on eBay it must be right .

starlight is the chip it used and it sorts out light digitally .....hence the reason why starlight are colour day and night...... Which is much better to capture plates at night.

you also get your terms wrong 

you have no chance on building a LPR camera at home first you need to build a database for it or have it compatable with a dvla or government database. LPR cameras some will only pick out the plate and ignore everything else in its field.

LPR licence plate recognition...... Recognition meaning recognising a plate on a database .......make /model ...... Keepers name

what you are looking at doing is having a standard CCTV camera that can capture a car and be able to read the number plate from footage.

which only need good resolution/ frames per second/ and the important part adjustable shutter speed which you don't get on a lot of cameras

You are right, I am not trying to make a LPR, just a camera that is effective for me to be able to read the plates myself. Better than calling it a ANPR right? Sorry I made this confusing.

Weird how all of these starlight boards come with ICR to switch over to black and white at night.  Here is another example of a strarlight board equipped with auto iris.
https://www.hsell.com/product/129-sony-starlight-imx290-1080p-2mp-nextchip-nvp2450h-ahd-tvi-cvi-analogcvbs-4-1-cctv

Not sure why you dont want to mix these technologies but thankyou for correcting me on my terminology!

I still don’t understand why you want to build 

starlight is dahua technology so you can buy a 2 mp camera for less than the crap your posting ..... like I said is your other post do believe all you read like your last link ...... 600w power 

a dahua starlight pics up number plates no problem 

also buying the one in the link you might not get all the options with osd ... not comparable with dahua dvr

yes you see cvi starlight with black and white also ........ starlight only has around 50m range and it’s sensor can’t operate past that ..... and that is when the ir kicks in and goes black and white