Sign in to follow this  
Warren333

Viewing NVR ip cameras via App problems

Hi

i have an issue that is driving my nuts. I have a samsung NVR and I use iPolis App on my iPhone and iPad to view the 4 Poe cameras. The problem is the App doesn’t support 1080p camera resolution, so the NVR is set so it streams at a lower resolution. The recording is still done at max definition. The problem is the App also has a feature to view the recording, but I can’t view this because of the restrictions on the app. I could drop the recording resolution down, but then what’s the point of having good cameras if I. An use them to their maximum capacity. So I noticed another app called Wisenet that allows streaming of up to 4K cameras.

ok here’s the problem. I can’t get this app or any other app to work. The only app that I can get to work is iPolis. In the settings on IPolis for local network viewing I put the lan address, the http port, the RSTP setting, the NVR username and password. 

On the Wisenet app it asks for the http setting ,username, password, lan, but not the RSPT. I get the error message “connection error”. If I input an incorrect password, then i get an error message stating incorrect password or user name, so it’s clearly talking to the NVR. When away from my LAN I can use the iPolis app because I use a DDNS service. So when I use the DDNS settings in the Wisenet app it actually connects to my NVR and immediately finds the 4 cameras, but it will not stream then. They have the refresh symbol on them, which if you click on, it had a little think and looks like it’s trying to connect, before returning to displaying the refresh symbol. 

I know I’m stating the obvious, but as previously stated the iPolis app works, I’ve set up all the port forwarding rules in my modem and route for http and rspt.

I have also tried another app called PegasoLiteHD. Using local lan settings it just times out and does not connect. In the setup help guide it says to enter a TCP port, but this I’m not sure of. In my NVR i can’t find it. So I’ve tried the http port number and the rspt port number, but neither works. Using the DDNS settings in PegasoLiteHD it only has two DDNS services listed. I’ve tried both, then deleted the prepopulated field and put my DDNS service in, but this comes up with the failed to connect error.

so what am I doing wrong? IPolis works fine on the Lan and the web, so the port forwarding rules in my router have to be fine. But Wisenet and PegasoliteHD  will not work.hfhfhfhfh

Hi. Don't take any notice of wisenet .......you are not going to get 4K on a app. 

1 hour ago, Warren333 said:

ok here’s the problem. I can’t get this app or any other app to work. The only app that I can get to work is iPolis.

That's because your recorder is not compatable .....even if it was why do you want your data going off to China server..... Don't use wisenet.

what’s the point of having good cameras if I. An use them to their maximum capacity.

Your system is doing its capacity ........ Your just looking for more which it can't do ... No system can ... Internet data and cell data has nothing to do with your system besides allowing you to view remotely and the best way at the moment is low stream ......... Is your cell 4K ....no

Thankyou for the quick response.

with regards to iPolis, I’ve been using it for 2 years. The only issue with it is I have to turn the recording format down really low to remotely view recordings. I’m  not fussed about viewing low res on live footage, but if and when I need to see the recording I want it on high def. iPolis won’t let me do that. 

If people in China want my data (they want to watch me in my garden), they can have it.

when you say my NVR is not compatable, do you know this for a fact? The reason I say this is on the app reviews people that have used iPolis have since moved over to Wisenet. Wisenet is the rebranded iPolis app.

my NVR is not at capacity. It will record and play 4 cameras at 1080p locally and via a web browser over the internet. The iPolis app does not support this, but Wisenet and PagasoliteHD claims to do this. I know I have to be doing something wrong in the new app set ups, but as I don’t know TCP from RTSP I was hoping for some advice.

The only issue with it is I have to turn the recording format down really low to remotely view recordings

That’s down to wrong stream or wrong port you should be looking at substream

but your not going to get nvr full resolution over remote viewing .... no unit will

when you say my NVR is not compatable, do you know this for a fact?

Well tell us your model number on recorder and software version and we can tell you. 

Also when did you last do a firmware update 

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

That’s down to wrong stream or wrong port you should be looking at substream

I don’t know what you mean by sub stream. If that means what I stream over the LAN or Web to my App then it’s set low (720 x 450 ish at a guess, 25 fps, 1200 kb). But like I’ve previously said this is fine on iPolis. The main stream what the NVR records (but does not broadcast) is 1080p. 

I’m using a Samsung SRN472S it has the latest firmware. This model has now been sperceded by the 473s I think. 

All I’m hoping for on here is someone that can maybe assist me with port settings and explain to me how these apps use them with reference to Http, rsp and rstp 

Your SRN is not comparable with wisenet it will not work

11 minutes ago, Warren333 said:

what the NVR records (but does not broadcast) is 1080p. 

You will not get full 1080 stream to devices.... you don’t on any

you set substream up for remote and it’s not 1080p