Sign in to follow this  
Nailgun

Lorex built-in switch

Hello,

I'm trying to help my neighbor who bought a Lorex NR908 NVR package on Black Friday against my advice.

As predicted, she hates the Lorex software, but has waited too long to return the system.

I'd like to help her use the cams with a third party VMS system like Shinobe or XEOMA. 

It seems like there should be a way to make the built-in POE switch inside the NVR tallk to her router such that the cams would show up on her network. There is, in fact, a "switch" tab under the networking section of the NVR's firmware. This panel has settings for IP, Subnet mask and default gateway.

At the moment, both the IP and gateway settings in this switch panel are set to 10.1.1.1 

I wonder if I could simply set the default gateway to the router address and manually assign the NVR switch an IP that's outside the DHCP range that her router is set up to allocate?

I suppose there would still be an issue with the DHCP server built into the NVR which, obviously, is the service assigning IPs to the cameras plugged into the NVR's POE switch.

If if turn off the NVR's built in DHCP server, does anyone know if a built-in NVR switch will fail over to the gateway to assign IPs in the normal way?

Hi. What system was she using before the lorex ?   How hate software if not used anything else to compare 

7 hours ago, Nailgun said:

I'm trying to help my neighbor who bought a Lorex NR908 NVR package on Black Friday against my advice.

Your advice is going backwards ..... XEOMA is only free trial .... so she now gets a monthly fee and also cost of pc on all the time 

why not keep it simple and learn the dahua software ...... there are simpler dahua software that will work with her system

i don’t see the point in here going backwards