since the nvr software from both companies are similar, can anyone comment or share their experiences?

Why choose one company over the other?

Tech suppport?

Customer service?

Personal experiences?

tia

I am a milestone dealer in houston.I haven't dealt with onssi but Milestone is very good with responding to issues and problems. Stay with Milestone.

Never seen Milestone but I have used ONSSI.

My only complaint about their customer service is that it's not 24 hr. Being on the west coast it's occasionally an inconvinience to call during my business hours only to find them closed.

Other than that one example....I have no complaints. And unfortunately agree that the software is pretty decent compared to the other software based IP systems.

Licensing is far too expensive thought IMHO

Milestone does have two offices one in Oregon and one in Denmark. This allows you to always have backup tech support solution if things really go down.

ONSSI is just a rebranded version and is basically the same. I'm not sure if they have the latest Milestone version though - Version 6.

Milestone was installed by a contractor. The functions were limited and it was difficult to program. ONSSI is made by the same company if I am not mistake (Buffalo, NY??).

I switched to Lenel OnGuard.

I don't have any experience with Lenel OnGuard. I will have to look into it

I found most of my customers find the Milestone software easy to use. I even have people with no computer experience exporting videos and looking up recorded data. They feel so proud of themselves.

ONSSI is made by Milestone. It is just rebranded.