Sign in to follow this  
Trinicloud

p2p cameras

What are some good NVR that support p2p cameras from almost any brand ? i got 10 to 16 ip cameras to be installed at 4 locations that support p2p and i want to record and monitor streams at my main office.

Hi. P2P is not a good thing .... And it does not help in your requirements 

onvif is what your looking for 

in some cases IP cameras can connect to other NVRs not made by same manufacturer as cameras ..... A protocol is something that allows other brands to connect to each other 

you would have to list your cameras and NVR you intend to use.

29 minutes ago, Trinicloud said:

4 locations that support p2p and i want to record and monitor streams at my main office.

Again this is nothing to do with p2p ......you just need to direct cameras to NVR over the network ..... P2p usually goes out to a 3rd party and that is never good

9 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. P2P is not a good thing .... And it does not help in your requirements 

onvif is what your looking for 

in some cases IP cameras can connect to other NVRs not made by same manufacturer as cameras ..... A protocol is something that allows other brands to connect to each other 

you would have to list your cameras and NVR you intend to use.

Again this is nothing to do with p2p ......you just need to direct cameras to NVR over the network ..... P2p usually goes out to a 3rd party and that is never good

Thanks for your reply, the reason i mentioned p2p is that the small manual that comes with the cameras only suggest about connecting via a mobile app and scanning of a QR code

1 hour ago, Trinicloud said:

cameras from almost any brand ? i got 10 to 16 ip cameras to be installed at 4 location

That will need more than 1 app 

p2p QR code ...... With connection with China server .......It would be simpler to connect to a NVR for remote view 

you still need to give brands of cameras your using 

Toys 

your not going to get them to connect to NVR 

10 to 16 to install ........do you know you need to leave the light on 24/7 for them to work 

they do have a place in the market for something quick ......but not as a security system 

10 minutes ago, Trinicloud said:

was hoping to get 24/7 or atleast 12/7.... 

They replace a light bulb.......switch light off camera goes off. 

Wifi only .... And a small range ...... Life time is nothing 

also look at app reviews .......not reliable at all to the point your wasting your money 

I would also point out ...... A 4mp real CCTV camera is cheaper and will connect to a NVR from all locations to your office

52 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

They replace a light bulb.......switch light off camera goes off. 

Wifi only .... And a small range ...... Life time is nothing 

also look at app reviews .......not reliable at all to the point your wasting your money 

I would also point out ...... A 4mp real CCTV camera is cheaper and will connect to a NVR from all locations to your office

Thanks for the reply tomcctv.. sadly i wasnt the one that purchased the cameras.. i would have done my search, but these are what the owner gave me to work with .. i would see what else i can besides throwing these away