mariner

Extreme WZ20

I am considering the Extreme WZ20 as my next camera purchase based on it specs and a post stating it almost blows the EX82 away at half the price. I would love the EX82 but it cost way too much.

Has anyone used or demo'd the WZ20? I would love some feedback regarding picture quality expecially at night. Also pictures posted would be of great help.

Thanks for your posts.

If I made a good camera, the first thing I would do is take shots of how it performs alongside the main brand leaders, to prove how good it was...

But for some reason, thats very rare.. Wonder why that is?

Would you really trust an image like that though Kensplace? Particularly if the images could be set up to create bias?

im not finished

Wouldnt stay in focus day and night ... even when focused in low light.

Was pretty decent for zoomed in such as 25mm + but anything wider was not great .. (quality wise).

Alan Key Sockets reamed out after one use ... so bracket was useless after that ..

Basically its no EX82 .. but it is useful for apps where you want to zoom in telephoto like i said ... actually at 40mm or so it was great .. so it is shooting the IR out really far. .. Personally though im sticking with the EX82 ... or a pano box day night and then use extra IR if needed ... if they'd fix the focus shift and alan key socket issues .. would be a great all round camera..

Oh yeah, had to buy more than one camera to test them, so it wasnt just based on a single camera test. Luckily i wasnt the one paying for it .. though i never recommended they test it also ..

hey rory, so you got a chance to test out the 484 with external IR? Not bad huh? Ya that is an excellent combination. I have a customer who got 2 sets of ex82 and panasonic 484's on his house looking at the same shot just because he liked both so much.

Thanks guys for the posts,

I was hoping Extreme's cameras would be the cream of the crop because they are priced that way. Their IR illuminators are priced even higher. The specs stated the WZ20 camera has IR corrected lens but if it has focus shift then what did they correct?

Does anyone know of a better choice for a Outdoor Day/Night IR bullet or dome with IR corrected lens 6mm or above or varifocal. This is for my house and I can't convince the wife to allow me to spend $1350 per camera for a ex82 because I need about 6. $300-800 is ok.