jonnykind

Multiple Reolink NVR's

Ok, so I recently purchased a Reolink NVR with 4 5mp cameras. I'm happy with the system so far so I'm not looking for any input on what I purchased already. It would also be a PITA to remove at this point. However, Reolink is coming out with a 4K system and for the price of purchasing 4 more 5mp camera's I could purchase the 4K system with 4 cameras for a bit more. The issue is that then I'd be running 2 NVR's on the same network and I'm unsure how they would interact with each other. I'm ok with operating them both independently but I don't want any conflicts. Does anyone have any thoughts on how the systems might operate together and if I'd run into any issues. I'm also open to running another brand of 4K NVR if that's a better option. I just really want/need a 4K to be able to get good detail on my front cameras for license plates, etc. Any help would be appreciated.  

Hi if systems are both the same make then it’s a lot easier for you with only having to use 1 app and 1 pc software

if you use a different make you will need two apps 

adding another unit is not a problem ....you separate everything on a network by its local IP address...... just like if all your family had iPhones .... there is never any conflict on your local network because they all have different ip addresses 

Thank you so much for the information. This really helps. I believe that I'll go with the Reolink 4K system and add 4 more 4K cameras instead of 4 more 5mp cameras. Thanks again!

8 hours ago, jonnykind said:

Thank you so much for the information. This really helps. I believe that I'll go with the Reolink 4K system and add 4 more 4K cameras instead of 4 more 5mp cameras. Thanks again!

Hi. I would have a think if you need 4k cameras on all channels...... you will limit your system and be spending more on hard drive space

8mp across the whole system is also going to reduce your FPS ...... it makes better sense to manage your system 

4k at important areas and 4 to 5mp in others