Pinehollow

Sportfish Yacht IP Adressable Camera Sys

This forum was recomended to me from Yacht Forums for same questions I had posted there.

Here is my scenario.

I have particular analog video cameras that will be used in the installation.

4 Elbex Exc-17-4 going to an Ikegami quad camera switcher for engine room cameras.

A camera that faces aft that is a modified Watec DW200 (I think) with a wide angle lens with polarized filter. http://www.lathamcams.com

An elbex exc-2 minicube interior camera.

THe customer will run redundent PC's onboard mainly for navigation software, but other general applications will be used as well.

Looking for recomendations on solid Analog to DV conversion as I suspect that is necessary, and if there will be necessary software to interface with.

Objective we are trying to achieve is having cameras that function for using the boat, monitoring engine room, recording Fishing, and keeping an eye on guests inside all from the bridge.

When the boat is dockside, the customer would like to go to a webpage to view cameras and monitor the boat. So when the boat is in Mexico and he is in his office in the states he can quickly log in and check things out.

Another system that will be on the boat that is truly amazing is the NVTi 6100. www.nvti-usa.com

Stabalized system with THermal, low lux, and color zoom. a bargain @ $136K.

Any input/help will be greatly appreciated!

I would look for the mobile DVR's that can be installed in cars and run on 12v.dc. There's a few of them out there, Dedicated Micros is one,, dedicatedmicros.com

Servision makes very solid mobile DVRs (solid $ too). Very reliable with wireless access to the DVR using your phone. Let PM me if you would like to get one.

Good information so far!

Thanks,

The Dedicated Micros Device looks very well built. I had a brief conversation with a Technician at the company regarding connection capabilities for Cellular, Wi-Fi, and LAN. She told me that she thinks they are doing cell but cheking on the Wi_fi and she will get back to me in a few days. I look forward to the reply.

The Servision looks like it has all of the capabilities that I am looking for. I am working on trying out their software to view their cameras at their Isreal location. I talked to their South American Rep who was covering for the US guy while he is out of the country, he was very helpful.

My main concern with these products is how easy it will be for the end user to manage connections. The vessel will travel US east coast, FL, Bahamas, Mexico, Costa Rica.

Obviously this will have him in and out of cell areas and coverage, (No EVDO in Costa Rica or Bahamas) and connecting to different Wi-Fi's regularly. Again, we are not looking to have connectivity when the boat is underway, only for montioring at dockside.

I need it to be easy to pick this connection or that connection and have the thing work.

Does anyone have any practical experience with setting up and using these or similar systems?

Thank you,