triggertrevor

New CCTV setup

Hi all,now you've probably had this question asked a thousand times before but I'm finding it hard to get the info I need for a new CCTV setup. 

I have between £400-500 to spend on a new setup. 

I need a DVR and 3 cameras 

Poe would be good as this will be instilled in a farm building so ease of install is key. 

I have looked at dome cameras as my current bullet setup attracts a lot of cobwebs. 

I need something that's going to be good in low light with it being on a farm buy not sure if I can achieve that on this budget. 

My current setup is by annke and I've been happy with it so far so would be interested to know what there new gear is like. 

Many thanks all. Cheers Kev 

Kev, if night vision then Dahua Starlight cameras or Hikvision ultra lowlight cameras are very good, but there are no kits that I know of. Some Annke cameras are made by Dahua.

Dome camera sometimes have problems with water spots and IR reflection. Turret/eyeball style may be better.

Hi. Kev. Not a bad budget for installing yourself and going ip is the easiest way

with your budget 5mp systems with 4x 5mp lowlight turret would be a good option. 

How far are your cable runs 

a uk system with trip wire protection is ideal for a farm

6 hours ago, 51cent said:

Kev, if night vision then Dahua Starlight cameras or Hikvision ultra lowlight cameras are very good, but there are no kits that I know of. Some Annke cameras are made by Dahua.

Dome camera sometimes have problems with water spots and IR reflection. Turret/eyeball style may be better.

5 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. Kev. Not a bad budget for installing yourself and going ip is the easiest way

with your budget 5mp systems with 4x 5mp lowlight turret would be a good option. 

How far are your cable runs 

a uk system with trip wire protection is ideal for a farm

Hi there thanks for your reply,the cable runs are around 20-25mtrs.

So what's the benefit with turret over bullet or dome?

7 hours ago, 51cent said:

Thanks for your reply,may I ask why you favour turrets. 

Turret style doesn't seem to have the spider problems bullets do, and don't have the IR reflection problems of domes.

14 hours ago, triggertrevor said:

Dome cameras have never been good ...with having a dome cover sun light or car headlights or even a torch shine on them gives a unusable image.  Bullet style can always be moved or pulled down easy as most have a poor bracket 

turret are good and more secure and have better cable management 

your distance is not a problem 

with your budget you can get a much better spec than the annka system

7 hours ago, 51cent said:

Turret style doesn't seem to have the spider problems bullets do, and don't have the IR reflection problems of domes.

Brill cheers. 

I've been looking at the starlight turrets,do you know which NVR/DVR recorders are compatible. Looking for a 1 or 2 tb storage on 3-4 cameras. I know that's not a lot of storage but only looking for a say 7 days playback when the cameras are set to motion only. 

Cheers 

1 minute ago, triggertrevor said:

Brill cheers. 

I've been looking at the starlight turrets,do you know which NVR/DVR recorders are compatible. Looking for a 1 or 2 tb storage on 3-4 cameras. I know that's not a lot of storage but only looking for a say 7 days playback when the cameras are set to motion only. 

Cheers 

Been looking at dahua starlight as advised and hikvision dark fighter turrets but what I don't like about hikvision is that getting prices and info for the better quality type cameras is a real ball ache. 

Cheers 

Hi. We’re are you based .... there are a few outlets to go and see units working. 

Your right dahua and hikvision starts to get out of your budget .... but that does not mean there better .... we have used dahua for years .... we don’t use hikvision in the uk as they don’t have a long operation period.... out of date quick and there are not many hikvision authorised dealers in the uk most are gray or copy units with no support 

5mp with nvr that supports h265 with 2tb will give you 14 to 20 days recording 

take a look at qvis uk based company with your budget

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. We’re are you based .... there are a few outlets to go and see units working. 

Your right dahua and hikvision starts to get out of your budget .... but that does not mean there better .... we have used dahua for years .... we don’t use hikvision in the uk as they don’t have a long operation period.... out of date quick and there are not many hikvision authorised dealers in the uk most are gray or copy units with no support 

5mp with nvr that supports h265 with 2tb will give you 14 to 20 days recording 

take a look at qvis uk based company with your budget

I'm in Barnsley South Yorkshire Tom. 

I'll have a look at qvis.

Cheers 

9 minutes ago, triggertrevor said:

I'm in Barnsley South Yorkshire Tom. 

I'll have a look at qvis.

Cheers 

Tom qvis are just the same as everybody else,if you not an installer they don't want to know. So annoying. 

Thanks anyway. 

I do a couple of farm shops there

qvis don’t sell to end users ........ but you can go to a supplier...... one reason is not to have service or reset codes all over the net like you can with hikvision plus all there p2p and cloud are all uk bases 

but you can still look at specs of cameras and nvrs

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

I do a couple of farm shops there

qvis don’t sell to end users ........ but you can go to a supplier...... one reason is not to have service or reset codes all over the net like you can with hikvision plus all there p2p and cloud are all uk bases 

but you can still look at specs of cameras and nvrs

Tom have a look at this link as I've been offered this setup for £650 I think 

https://www.cctvtek.co.uk/_shop/4-camera-ip-cctv-kits/hikvision-4x-ds2cd2345fwdi-28mm-powered-by-darkfighter-turret-camera-4-channel-4k-ip-nvr-cctv-kit/

25 minutes ago, triggertrevor said:

That is expensive....... Plus another limited hikvision NVR 

it sounds good till you look at the spec .... 1 NVR with 4 x4k cameras ......... NVR  will only allow 1 .... 4K camera other 3 channels 2mp. Plus the cameras in the kit are only 4mp

the NVR retail is only £105 

the qvis is a much more advanced system and cheaper

35 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

That is expensive....... Plus another limited hikvision NVR 

it sounds good till you look at the spec .... 1 NVR with 4 x4k cameras ......... NVR  will only allow 1 .... 4K camera other 3 channels 2mp. Plus the cameras in the kit are only 4mp

the NVR retail is only £105 

the qvis is a much more advanced system and cheaper

Where does it tell you that info Tom as I've been looking at the specs but couldn't find that info.  

26 minutes ago, triggertrevor said:

Where does it tell you that info Tom as I've been looking at the specs but couldn't find that info.  

https://www.hikvision.com/en/Products/Network-Video-Recorder/Pro-Series(EasyIP)/EasyIP-3.0-Series-NVR/DS-7600NI-K1/P(B)

https://www.hikvision.com/en/Products/Network-Camera/EasyIP-3.0/4MP/DS-2CD2345FWD-I

cameras are expensive £100 for 4mp. You also don't need cameras with SD cards 

not a fan of hikvision with all there problems or with there bad specs

9 hours ago, tomcctv said:

https://www.hikvision.com/en/Products/Network-Video-Recorder/Pro-Series(EasyIP)/EasyIP-3.0-Series-NVR/DS-7600NI-K1/P(B)

https://www.hikvision.com/en/Products/Network-Camera/EasyIP-3.0/4MP/DS-2CD2345FWD-I

cameras are expensive £100 for 4mp. You also don't need cameras with SD cards 

not a fan of hikvision with all there problems or with there bad specs

Morning tom,am I right in saying it's under the decoding section of the NVR where it says 1 camera at 8mb and 4 at 1080. 

Cheers

41 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Morning ... yes that’s the area    It’s just old out of date stock.  Nvrs are much better spec now. 

Tom have a look at this link,is it a Chinese copy do you think. 

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32973798995.html?pid=808_0000_0105&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32973798995&aff_trace_key=391a607f9d33415ba2571218c3b97d3f-1555535591349-07643-Y7bAZbY&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=3927amp-5EfRo68G-1BNRYL-T_goqg1555661113270

1 hour ago, tomcctv said:

Hi yes it’s a copy  ....  it warns of doing a update .... which means you can’t use dahua software. 

I wondered whether it was or not seen as its on AliExpress 

Could you advise me on a 3-4 camera setup from Dahua with a compatible NVR that would show all the cameras at the resolution they were supposed to be shown at.

Also where I might be able to buy from as most website say login for prices. 

Hope that make sense

Cheers 

On 4/18/2019 at 2:15 AM, 51cent said:

Hi 51 cent you sent me a message today regarding speaking to someone on another forum about the Dahua gear. 

I can't find the message anywhere. 

Did you send it to my inbox. 

Cheers Kev

Big Brother must have gotten to it.

1 hour ago, triggertrevor said:

Hi 51 cent you sent me a message today regarding speaking to someone on another forum about the Dahua gear. 

I can't find the message anywhere. 

Did you send it to my inbox. 

Cheers Kev

On 4/19/2019 at 6:09 PM, 51cent said:

Big Brother must have gotten to it.

Do who am I supposed to talking to? on the other forum. 

I am sure it was Andy something. 

Cheers