Sign in to follow this  
pancake95

How properly to connect DVR ground

Hello all, I am kinda new to the forum and struggling with installation so here I am asking. :) On the user guide which came with my DVR is said to connect the ground bolt first before going further and I want to ask for the proper grounding. Should I just put a wire on the grounding bolt of the DVR and to connect the other end of the wire to the negative rail of the power distribution box? Or is there some other way of connecting the ground of which I have not thought? Only to say that the DVR came with power adapter gor itself so I think of either using the adapter and connect the DVR ground as I described or use connector, wire it to the power distribution box and connect the ground as I described. How should I do it ? Because in electronics negative rail is used as GND so I thought I should use the negative rail, sorry if I was ignorant in my assumption. The power distribution box is with ten connections, it was said that is for 8 cameras. So I assume that there is one connection made for the DVR and one spare. Thank you for the help and advices that you will give me.

10 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. No don’t connect to power supply. 

There is no need to use the ground 

Okay, but if I want to connect the ground. Where should I put it? And is it better to use the power adapter for the DVR separately or to connect the DVR to the power distribution box too? Thank you for your reply by the way. :)

31 minutes ago, pancake95 said:

Okay, but if I want to connect the ground. Where should I put it? And is it better to use the power adapter for the DVR separately or to connect the DVR to the power distribution box too? Thank you for your reply by the way. :)

Again don’t use the ground tab on recorder

it does not matter what you want ..... it’s something you don’t do it is not needed

your second question..... again why do you want to do something you DONT do  

use the power adapter that came with dvr

it uses more amp than a camera 

15 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Again don’t use the ground tab on recorder

it does not matter what you want ..... it’s something you don’t do it is not needed

your second question..... again why do you want to do something you DONT do  

use the power adapter that came with dvr

it uses more amp than a camera 

Thanks