Sign in to follow this  
Rmax

Ground Hog Day - Lorex newbie question

Hi, I'm new to the CCTV forum and CCTV world.

I'm looking for an "out of the box" solution that doesn't need Internet access.   An NVR is fine (expand to Internet later).  I'm in Michigan and face subzero weather from time to time.  I plan on running the Cat 5e from the mount points (corners of my house) through the eave/attic and down into my basement where the NVR will live.  I'll HDMI from the NVR to TV.

From what I can tell the NVR is the critical path.  The NVR I'm about to make  a move on serves 4K-15FPS.  The step up to 4K-30FPS Real-time adds $230.00 to the price but removes the motorized lenses and audio from the cameras - not to mention profiles (dome Vs bullet).  But since the NVR is the critical path, I'm not sure if it's worth the extra bucks at this time - thoughts??

The cited NVR has 8 channels so I may buy one PTZ

I got the  price down to $1079.49 delivered using coupons.    This seems like a good price for a 4 camera 4K system to me (but only 15FPS).  Thoughts? 

4K Ultra HD IP NVR System with 4 8MP Motorized Varifocal Zoom Lens White Audio Dome Cameras, 250FT Night Vision

https://www.lorextechnology.com/4k-ip-camera-system/4k-ultra-hd-ip-nvr-security-camera-system-with-4-ip-cameras/4KHDIP822NWW-1-p#featuresSection

OK, folks.  I'm ordering the kit.  The price seems OK for my level. 

For me the NVR offers POE and software.  Since I don't have a spare PC or POE switch or software - the kit fits. 

It's 8 channel, comes w/four cameras without PTZ.  So I added one PTZ, - 1080p HD Video & Color Night Vision.  Looks like the posters here have said, mostly rebranded Dahua.  I"ll upgrade later 

I'll keep you posted.

All systems halted on the Lorex.

My local Home Depot has the Wyze cameras for $29.00.  They go for $20.00 out on the Internet.  It's an inexpensive cube camera that can 'see' through the window. 

I bought one and found this camera fits my needs.  The camera uses a 32GB micro SD card.  I use my local PC to access the camera/SD card and can change all the settings, view live or playback.   (Note: advanced configurations needed.)

I don't have an always on connection, but if I did - using Android I could remotely view the camera. (if the camera is connected to WI-fi).

The two disadvantages, it has to be plugged into an electrical outlet and being inside the window means the IR reflects, thus no picture at night with IR on.  But the IR can be turned off. 

Hello, kind sir/ma'am. 

Yes, I overreacted with the 4K system.  :)   I don't have an always on connection so need local storage.  That's what drove me to the NVR solution.  The SD card is fine for my purposes. 

The short story, I have a sneaky neighbor who I suspect stole my No Trespassing Sign.   All I need is documentation that the neighbor is stealing my signs.  I don't care what happens beyond my property line.