Gregad

Newbie with lots of questions

Purchased a house which has a couple of cameras already installed along with BCN cables run for additional cameras. The previous owners told realtor the system is only a year old.  

Found camera boxes, HD 1080P DSP infrared H.264. 

The DVR is missing. 

Can these cameras be used with a H.265 DVR and planning on adding more cameras. Can I mix the H.264 and H.265 cameras?

23 hours ago, Gregad said:

Purchased a house which has a couple of cameras already installed along with BCN cables run for additional cameras. The previous owners told realtor the system is only a year old.  

Found camera boxes, HD 1080P DSP infrared H.264. 

The DVR is missing. 

Can these cameras be used with a H.265 DVR and planning on adding more cameras. Can I mix the H.264 and H.265 cameras?

Hi. There are a few HD analog formats..... cvi tvi ahd    So without knowing your hd1080 format its hard to recommend a new recorder

the safest way so as not to waste time and money ..... I would look at buying a 5 in 1 hybrid dvr. They do all formats and are priced good 

tom is right, you should buy a 5-1 Hybrid DVR such as Dahua or Dahua OEM XVR DVR, this systems  will support HDCVI, TVI,AHD, Analog, IP too