Sign in to follow this  
cameraman123

New W BOX 2MP 1080p camera only showing as 960H max

I have a few 2MP 1080p cameras and added a new one recently. They are all the same model and spec, including the new one. However the new one will only go to a max resolution of 960H on the dropdown on its encoding setup. All the others have the same bit rate, fps etc setup and go to 1080P but this one only gives one option. I tried changing it from the shop and the same thing happens.

I have tried switching the port on the DVR too to an existing camera, but no luck. So I think the ports are ok.

What could cause this? Could newer models of the camera be incompatible with the DVR? Surely its just a coax/AHD signal.

i had similar problem , not with resolution , but menu . could not get it to change certain settings on menu , tried with DVR and on camera it self . Took camera back to vendor , he reset some setting on camera all good.

Hi. On some of the cheaper recorders they sometimes have restrictions 

your dvr might only allow 2mp first 2 or 4 channels and the rest at the lower resolution 

On 7/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, jgomez said:

i had similar problem , not with resolution , but menu . could not get it to change certain settings on menu , tried with DVR and on camera it self . Took camera back to vendor , he reset some setting on camera all good.

I got a new camera from the vendor too and same issue :(

19 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Hi. On some of the cheaper recorders they sometimes have restrictions 

your dvr might only allow 2mp first 2 or 4 channels and the rest at the lower resolution 

It allowed 1080p for all my 6 channels initially, its only when one camera broke I replaced it (twice) with the same like for like 2mp one and it wont go above 960H