Sign in to follow this  
barb

Elevator Camera installation

Hi,

Need to install camera to an existing DVR system. Existing system is 14 analog cameras going via Siamese cable to DVR and power source…

Trying to add a new camera in the elevator. The Elevator Company has already ran a cable from Elevator cabin to one of the hallways in the building. The cable is a special cable that has the following wires inside…

four : 14 AWG

two: shielded pairs / 20 AWG

one : coax / RG6/U

NOTE THAT SINCE THIS CABLE ABOVE IS USED IN ELEVATOR THE COPPER CORE OF THE RG6 IS OF THE STRANDED TYPE….. The total length of this cable is 65 feet.

No what I need to do is to make a connection to the R6 so I can attach it to the camera. Camera already has Siamese connections. Rg59/18awg power port.

Also I need to connect the other end of this cable which is in the hallway to another regular Siamese cable which will run another 120 feet. (20AWG solid copper core with 18/2 power )

Problem is I can’t find the special BNC connector for Rg6 to be used with Stranded copper core. Can I Use coaxial baluns on both ends of that that 60 feet elevator cable? Do I need to find special BNC that I need to solder the pin to stranded core?

Attached is the rough diagram I drew…hope it helps.

elevator.jpg

dddd.jpg