Sign in to follow this  
superman_006

** Revised* HikVision DS-7732NI question with glass break sensor

I am looking at building a NVR system... Im looking at having around 13 cameras my list is 3 - UniFi 4G pro, 4 - Unfi 3G pro’s and 6 dome cameras in the 2 or 4 MP range.  I need 2 with very good sound.. any suggestions would be great. (POE)

I am looking at the HikVision DS-7732NI-I4 with pOE.  In the part number I’ve figured out the 77 is the series 32 is the channels then I’ve seen K4, I4, Q4 and E4 and the end but not sure what the letter is but figure the 4 is the amount of sata drives supported. I’m going to plug the majority of the cameras in the actual NVR and then use then map a few. Which I’m hoping this NVR will allow me to do. When reading the specs... I’m worried about this stat ...

2ch-12mp@20fps/ 4ch-8mp@25fps/ 8ch-4mp@30fps/16ch-1080p@30fps.

The 4K cameras (3 of them) I’m hoping to be able to read plates on cars if need be. But I’m going to be setting them up on motion based recording and wondering if I can set 3 cameras to record at 12mp@20fps?  Are there any other frame rates available in the 12mp resolution?  Then if I can set all 3... if there is motion does it drop them to 8mp?

Then the cameras that will require sound recording..... i have a Unifi/ ubiquity G3 that I have recording to a Dahua NVR, which for some reason if I open the rtsp stream it has sound or if I go to the camera in a web browser I have sound but inside the NVR the "sound" is a loud static noise.

The NVR has “alarm” inputs. Which I’m hoping to add some sort of glass break sensor that would actually notify users with the app on the phone ... is this possible or are the alarms more for camera recordings ?

Then... will this unit allow multiple users to where user 1 will have access to all channels and user 2 will only have channels 1-4?

Well... I’m not sure if this plan is going to work.  It looks like the HikVision 7700 series supports the ONVIF protocol but doesn’t have a rtsp preprogrammed. The ubiquity cameras support rtsp but not ONVIF.  I’m pretty certain that the rtsp can’t support 12mp? 

Hi. Looking at your equipment list it’s going to give you lots of problems to the point your going to waste a lot of money

going 32way nvr standalone will limit the cameras you use and the camera resolution and the amount of cameras 

in your case ..... the cameras you have picked are h264 only ...... so the nvr 32 in your link will do h264 but your going to have to add much more storage .... it also does h265 which halves your storage but only if your using h265 cameras .

i would look at using two nvrs instead of 1 32way  you will only loose 16 cameras with two units if 1 goes down .... 32way you loose them all

break glass sensors yes any unit with alarm inputs will allow you to use them as well and smoke alarms and heat detectors

but the fire side would not stand under any fire code regulations

what type of building are you installing in  

It’s going to go in a police department. It will have 6 dome cameras inside as well. I was going to get them that match the manufacture of the NVR.   At this point I’m  looking doing a unbiquity file server or finding some other 4K cameras that are pOE and have a mechanical zoom (manual is fine) and it’s looking like the h265 is the way to go if I don’t do a file server. 

We also have a Dahua door access controller that is managed thru a NUC mini pc it’s also hooked to a keypad/ RFID badge reader. The mini PC has SmartPSS and NVR software but we currently have no IP cameras but I would also like to stream one or 2 of the cameras to it. 

Hi. It would make sense to use dahua since you are already using it.  Your smartPSS will run everything nvrs and cameras. 

which country are you in ? Dahua and hikvision in government buildings

I’m in the US. The camera system will be on its own network and will not include any interview rooms.  The network it would be on still has a pretty serious firewall.  I can’t imaging the NUC being able to run everything.  It’s got windows 10 on it but it’s no beast. 

I’m kinda leaning towards the unifi UNVR it’s got SFP+ (10gbps fiber) attachment. It will do 15 cameras in 4G for 30 days on 8TB hard drives on raid5 with redundancy that’s hotswapable and has its own nvr software built into it (called protect). Sounds like I can put 12TB drives in it though. I only just hate being locked into a vendor and it will only support unifi cameras.  I’m still reading a bunch about the system and not sure about a bunch of it. A large car dealer here has a large unifi UNVR system here... 50 cameras on 1 UNVR. Their lot is well lit but I can read tags on their 3G cameras of any car coming or going and their cameras are all 30ft in the air. But Monday I’m going to go check it out.