Sign in to follow this  
babaracus

AVer IWH5000 Series - software CD

Does anybody have the software CD for the AVer IWH5000 Series DVRs?
My specific model is the IWH5416+16 - but I imagine the CD is the same for the entire series.

I need to restore my DVR but I need the software CD in order to create a recovery USB.

Hi. Avers are not that easy to setup after a problem 

each model has different software. 
have you removed the original hard drive?

do you have the CDkey for your unit it is needed. You also need to understand partitions on hard drives or you won’t get it to record. 

is there a reason why you want to get this unit up and running after all these years

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

The original hard drive is still installed and it boots up as it should.

My primary issue is that I need to install new storage drives and I don't have the password to access the setup menu.
After reading the manual, it seemed that the best option was to perform a "USB Recovery" and start afresh - but to do that I need the original software CD.

I do have the CDkey.

I'm not sure I understand your final question. Why should I want to replace it? It is only 6 or 7 years old and was exceedingly expensive when new.

Hi. Yes I understand they were expensive I used to sell them. 

they stopped production 2012 of your unit and the rest of there security products and production 2013. 

your system is windows based (embedded ) and that is a problem with no longer having windows support or firmware support licences for drivers and windows will not load

footage is also a problem as file player is loaded onto cd when burning which is also a problem when you try to view on a later windows machine

and you won’t get remote viewer working .... support for that ended 5 years ago

its only between 3.7 to 7fps

adding another drive is also a headache with having to create partion and a path

is it worth spending money on 

are you using up cameras or analog

I don't know what the cameras are. They're not IP cameras, they're directly connected by a cable. The system is already set up - but the guy who used to handle it is no longer around.

One of the storage drives failed and needed replacing and I thought that it was a good opportunity for me to become familiar with how to operate it (an additional reason for wanting to start afresh with the recovery USB)

It may not be as user friendly or advanced as newer systems but I'd rather persevere with it. I already have replacement hard drives so it's not costing me anything. I'm trying to avoid spending any money at all. I certainly don't want to be splashing out on a whole new system when this device is more than adequate for my requirements.

Do you happen to still have a copy of the software CD lying around?

Just press f8 on keyboard .... it will take you into the windows side

And do a copy of the master partition 

recovery usb ??? You have to extract this from the software .... under import export software under settings 

is this a home system or business 

and were are you located

7 hours ago, babaracus said:

It's a business. I'm in the UK

There was only 2 distributors in the uk and 4 outlets

Your problem is it can’t be used in the uk because it’s not up to uk data regulations 

28 to 31 days storage ..... how many disks you need to burn a days footage .......9 and 4 hours to burn 

what part of uk and I’ll put you in touch 

Thank you for the advice but I don't much care about any of that right now.

All I came on here for was to see if anyone had the original software CD.

I'm just outside Manchester

6 hours ago, babaracus said:

I have already explained what I want to do and why I want to do it.

You saying you want to add storage 

I have also asked you to go into windows side 

you have not given any results from that

100% your system came from me if your Manchester for 10 years I worked for them .. also do a check on forum search. 

so the same question is it the units password you need ..... what password are you using to get into settings?

is your system on the internet 

I have said from the beginning that I want to use the software CD to create a 'recovery USB', as detailed in the manual.

I want to create a recovery USB so that I can start the system afresh.
I want to start the system afresh for various reasons.

What am I supposed to be achieving by going into the windows side? What results are you expecting?
Why does it matter what cameras I'm using?
Why does it matter if my system is on the internet?

I appreciate that you're trying to help me and I apologise if I appear to be getting shirty, but I don't understand the relevance of the questions you've asked or the suggestions you've made.

2 hours ago, babaracus said:

I want to create a recovery USB so that I can start the system afresh.

But you can create  a reboot usb from your system. 

the part I am not understanding is you saying start the system afresh.  .... there is nothing to start fresh ..... it’s windows based with the software on the hard drive for the recorder (marked as master) on the hard drive. 

Why does it matter what cameras I'm using?

Software is not the same across the board 

4-8-16-32-64 camera channels and also regional PAL or NTCS ... that makes 7 disks 

Why does it matter if my system is on the internet?

Well it does not matter to me ......it’s just the easiest way to change passwords 

but I don't understand the relevance of the questions you've asked or the suggestions you've made.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, tomcctv said:

the part I am not understanding is you saying start the system afresh.  .... there is nothing to start fresh ..... it’s windows based with the software on the hard drive for the recorder (marked as master) on the hard drive. 

It's precisely because it is windows based that I'm keen to start afresh. Most PC manufacturers include recovery partitions that will restore a system to their factory condition. That's what I want to do, however, for this DVR I need the original software CD.

Pressing f8 does not take me to the windows side; it simply opens up a file explorer type box that reads external drives but does not appear to have access to the 'master' drive. None of the F keys appear to do anything helpful.

The master drive is a 8GB flash drive. I have unplugged it and connected it to my computer but there's nothing on it that will assist me. It's just a single partition containing the windows installation - nothing that I'm capable of successfully manipulating.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, tomcctv said:

Software is not the same across the board 

4-8-16-32-64 camera channels and also regional PAL or NTCS ... that makes 7 disks 

As I said earlier, I'm not currently interested in anything other than what I have directly asked about. Any issues regarding camera channels and burning footage will be dealt with as they arise. Right now it's not a concern and irrelevant to what I have asked for assistance with.

Any issues regarding camera channels and burning footage will be dealt with as they arise. Right now it's not a concern and irrelevant to what I have asked for assistance with.

Your right ...... after working for avermedia for 10 years I can’t help .... and the sad thing is I am only 20 minutes away from you 

reason for asking how many cameras ..... I’ll tell you 

what is the point of me only sending you the software for a 4 channel and it also needs to be regional 

so f1 does not give you the serial number ?

aver closed there Milton Keynes uk office two years ago but if you call aver Taiwan and ask for Andrew wong see if he gives you my contact details 

10 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Your right ...... after working for avermedia for 10 years I can’t help .... and the sad thing is I am only 20 minutes away from you  

reason for asking how many cameras ..... I’ll tell you 

what is the point of me only sending you the software for a 4 channel and it also needs to be regional 

I never said you can't help - but so far all you've done is ask seemingly irrelevant questions.
If you're claiming that your questions are relevant, why are you asking them in such a fashion that makes me think you're wasting my time?

You've replied to this thread 8 times and yet this is the first occasion that you've indicated that you actually have the software.
If you have the software and it is dependent on the number of cameras, why didn't you say that from the start? Is it a secret?

If you're willing and able to help me, please do so - but just get on with it.
I'm sorry to be so blunt but this entire discussion is ridiculous.

I specified from the outset that this was the IWH5416+16 model, It's capable of handling 16 wired cameras and 16 IP cameras. 32 channels total.

Pressing F1 gives some system information. Nothing that looked particularly useful to me.

1 hour ago, babaracus said:

I never said you can't help - but so far all you've done is ask seemingly irrelevant questions.
If you're claiming that your questions are relevant, why are you asking them in such a fashion that makes me think you're wasting my time?

Well here you are again  .... I have asked simple questions and in last post explained why I needed to know how many channels you have ..... no point using 4 if you use 16 cameras

i have also asked .... do you have the admin password twice .... again you don’t answer

asked you to use f1 ..... again no reply 

I have asked is your system on the internet .... you only ask what has that got to do with it

so we have wasted each other’s time and got no we’re.

4 hours ago, babaracus said:

It's precisely because it is windows based that I'm keen to start afresh. Most PC manufacturers include recovery partitions that will restore a system to their factory condition. 

Not in this case ... it is not a full version of windows (you will find the licence on the back of your unit) if you update the windows your aver software will not work as there are no drivers. 

If you're willing and able to help me, please do so - but just get on with it.
I'm sorry to be so blunt but this entire discussion is ridiculous.

Your right it’s turned into war and peace and that’s a long book to read. 

questions need answers to help and not one has been answered. 
 I bend over backwards to help people on this forum .... I have taken a flight to NY to help a guy with a ptz on this forum ... I have drove 4hrs to Scotland to help a guy with a system all for free

your the first member to say I can’t help you because not enough information 

give Andrew Wong a call is your best option

17 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Well here you are again  .... I have asked simple questions and in last post explained why I needed to know how many channels you have ..... no point using 4 if you use 16 cameras 

It's a 32 channel DVR. Why on earth would I want to install software that limits it to 4 channels?

39 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

asked you to use f1 ..... again no reply  

I quite clearly responded to this in my previous post; it's just more irrelevance that achieved absolutely nothing

32 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

Not in this case ... it is not a full version of windows (you will find the licence on the back of your unit) if you update the windows your aver software will not work as there are no drivers. 

I am aware of what windows embedded is. What point are you trying to make?

34 minutes ago, tomcctv said:

I bend over backwards to help people on this forum .... I have taken a flight to NY to help a guy with a ptz on this forum ... I have drove 4hrs to Scotland to help a guy with a system all for free 

Are you lonely or something?

I honestly don't know what you're trying to achieve here.

I have asked for a copy of the original software CD for the IWH5416+16.
My location, my internet connection, my knowledge of my admin password ALL have absolutely no relevance to whether or not you are in possession of the software CD that originally accompanied my machine.
You either have it or you don't have it.
If you have it, you're either willing to copy it for me, or you're not. There's really nothing else to discuss.
Either way, I'm through with this nonsense. Find someone else to pander to your almighty CCTV knowledge.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to achieve here.

Trying to find out info for software. 

in your last post you state it’s a 32 way  which it is not ....... not if it’s a 16x16

it is only a 16way  ...... count the BNC connectors on the back

so we know it’s a 16 way

my internet connection, my knowledge of my admin password ALL have absolutely no relevance to whether or not you are in possession of the software CD

And you also think is irrelevant of result for f key. 
last 4 digits will tell me which version of software is loaded as I have said a number of times I am not sending you all 7 discs. 

is it connected to the internet ...... simple answer ... yes or no 

why have I asked that question 

avers ftp site ...... I can give you 1hr access to that site for all patches software and password generator....... but you think the question is irrelevant...... wow

question about password again simple yes or no 

reason if you do fine you can get into full admin of your unit ...... if not I would of generated one for you 

because it sounds like your not in admin mode ....... but again you think it’s irrelevant 

7 hours ago, babaracus said:

Are you lonely or something?

Like I said am only 20 minutes from you I would of called in and loaded it for you  

It’s not lonely..... it was a offer of free help

but good look anyway 

2 hours ago, tomcctv said:

it is only a 16way  ...... count the BNC connectors on the back 

so we know it’s a 16 way

It doesn't have any BNC connectors on the back. But I'm sure you knew that already given that you used to sell them and you're such an expert.

And you also think is irrelevant of result for f key. 
last 4 digits will tell me which version of software is loaded as I have said a number of times I am not sending you all 7 discs. 

A normal person would have simply asked me what software version is currently installed. In 10 responses, you have never once asked me for that info.

is it connected to the internet ...... simple answer ... yes or no 

why have I asked that question 

avers ftp site ...... I can give you 1hr access to that site for all patches software and password generator....... but you think the question is irrelevant...... wow

I have never requested access to aver's ftp site, nor do I want it.  So yes, it is irrelevant.

question about password again simple yes or no 

reason if you do fine you can get into full admin of your unit ...... if not I would of generated one for you 

because it sounds like your not in admin mode ....... but again you think it’s irrelevant 

Again, I have not ever requested help with my admin password.

Like I said am only 20 minutes from you I would of called in and loaded it for you  

It’s not lonely..... it was a offer of free help

I don't need help loading anything. It wasn't what I asked for. It isn't what I want.
In 10 responses, you haven't offered any help whatsoever. All you've done is ask pointless questions that have no relevance my original request - and then tried to justify those questions with bogus pretexts of providing help that I never asked for.

but good look anyway 

It's spelt LUCK.

Ok BNC fly lead ...... its analog system 

hence the reason why asked how many channels 1 -2 or 4 fly leads or pigtails which is another reason for checking the right software

you haven't offered any help whatsoever.

Read the thread again you have give nothing to help with 

your not interested in the ftp site ..... free access for a hour for all software needed

but you can’t say if your system is on the internet

i have offered you a password code .... but you say it’s irrelevant. 

I have offered help if only you answered simple questions 

so I give up

I have never requested access to aver's ftp site, nor do I want it.  So yes, it is irrelevant.

I know you never requested it ...... I offered it to you to logon and get the software. 

which is what your post is about 

but yes in your words it’s irrelevant 

Your responses are laughable.

One minute you have 7 discs and are trying to determine which one to send me.

Then you're saying that you live 20 minutes away and could have loaded it for me

The next you're claiming you would have given me an hour of access to aver's ftp site so that I can download the software I want.

A very helpful senior technician from Aver has already told me that they were unable to locate any archived software for my particular DVR because their Surveillance Division was closed in 2015 - which is why I posted on here, in the first place.

Even if I believed (and I don't) that you could provide access to an ftp site where I could download the software I need, and which Aver themselves know nothing about... why would it matter if my DVR was connected to the internet? Wouldn't it be considerably easier to access the site from a regular PC? Or does the ftp site have a magical encryption that only the DVR's own client can unlock?

3 hours ago, babaracus said:

Your responses are laughable.

One minute you have 7 discs and are trying to determine which one to send me.

Then you're saying that you live 20 minutes away and could have loaded it for me

The next you're claiming you would have given me an hour of access to aver's ftp site so that I can download the software I want.

Yes 20 mins away but you was not interested in that ...., so I gave you the ftp option you don’t want that. 

both offers of help you rejected that’s the outcome. 

no one can force you to take free help