Hi, can you recommend a NVR system based on my needs please. Ideally I want to spend under £200. I only need 2 cameras. If there’s 3 I wouldn’t mind. Cameras will be used outside so need to be weatherproof. They need to have night vision that will manage at least 15m. Cameras have to be wireless but I would prefer them to be mains powered so I’m not constantly going up the ladders to change the batteries or recharge them. I’m unsure whether I want to record constantly or just by motion or heat. The quality of the cameras have to be good enough to identify face and plates. I’d probably say above 2mp at 1080p. Thank you In advance. 

Hi   Your budget is a bit low to get anything with quality and the other problem is wireless 

good facial and number plate capture your not going to get with a cheap system

yes you will find sub £100 systems on amazon and eBay but they will turn your home network insecure and you have no clue we’re your data is going

spend some time doing a little homework and  buy bits at a time as and when your budget allows ... also look for wired systems you will get more years from it

On 11/14/2020 at 11:23 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi   Your budget is a bit low to get anything with quality and the other problem is wireless 

good facial and number plate capture your not going to get with a cheap system

yes you will find sub £100 systems on amazon and eBay but they will turn your home network insecure and you have no clue we’re your data is going

spend some time doing a little homework and  buy bits at a time as and when your budget allows ... also look for wired systems you will get more years from it

Thank you for the reply.

My issue with a wired system is that I’m wanting cameras at the front of the house and the back and maybe down the garden a bit. Bringing wires in and hiding them going to NVR would be an issue (I have mains at the bottom of the garden).

Would it be possible to buy an NVR with 2 1080p cameras and then upgrade the cameras in the future with 4K if I think it’s necessary to achieve what I need. Will the NVRs only work with the specific cameras or can I mismatch makes. 

When you say it’ll leave my home network vulnerable. What do you mean? I was under the impression that the cameras connected wirelessly to the NVR without the need of connecting to the home network unless you required remote access. 

Hi. The same issue is your budget. 

a quick break down 

hard drive .......£60

nvr ........£70

2 ip 2mp camera £55 each £110

total £240

not counting cable. 

Also wireless never works reliable it’s still just toy equipment....... can mix cameras from other manufacturers 

ip cameras don’t need to be wired back to nvr ... you can use power line adapters .... or use 1 cat5 to a switch located in a area that is easy to get cables too. 

2 hours ago, TylerLa said:

When you say it’ll leave my home network vulnerable. What do you mean? I was under the impression that the cameras connected wirelessly to the NVR without the need of connecting to the home network

Yes your right internet is not needed but I was referring to the cheap systems from eBay or amazon ..... some do need activation via network ...... there cheap for a reason