Sign in to follow this  
chantelle

PLEASE HELP....dvr new settings dont stay after reboot

dvr reverts back to old settings after reboot, even when i try restore to defaults, the only thing that did stick was formatting the hard drive, so it cant be to do with that, i even changed the cr2032 battery on motherboard, tried everything i can think of exept firmware update as cant find one for V4.02.R11.85100142.11001.131600.00000, i swapped the exact same model which did not have this problem as i set up both our dvr at same time and wanted theirs to work right, keping it connected to cloud which i dont really want to do but so far is the only way i can stop it rebooting with old settings and wrong time

Hi.  XMeye systems have a major problem if it has been on another network before. 

you might try this ...... but first take it off the internet

go into settings then accounts and create a new one with full access 

then log out and log back in again with your new password and again go settings then accounts and delete all except your new one

reconnect it to the internet .... go into menu and you should see guide half way down .... click on it and follow on screen messages 

see if that works

Thanks for reply.....i think this dvr has just gone faulty as thought u idea was gonna crack it but done what u said but still no joy it still wont let me delete reserved admin  and default user .....cand delete group containing users and cant delete reserved user either..did log in using new admin account but network test still say dns test failed but the dns is definatly correct and the one i swapped worked fine here and still work fine at new place.....do u think it could be worth connect by ethernet cable to my laptop to fix somehow, i wonder how its programmed in 1st place  its just about my last idea....really hrasping at straws now lol???

Hi it is dns you don’t want to enter even delete it. 

ok we will try another way .... I will send you a new app that works 100% better than xmeye

once loaded click on little yellow tv bottom left of screen ... then click the + sign top right

Call it home then scan qr code on recorder screen (guide) in menu then admin and password of recorder

see if that helps