ArmedRN

16 camera system through the exterior wall?

I'm installing a DVR system with 16 camera's but I can't figure out how to get all the wiring through the exterior wall cleanly.  I have set up small 4 cam systems before and just run it into the attic and then down but I don't have an attic in this house and will need to bring it in though the exterior wall.  I don't want to cut a 6" hole in my wall to run the cables and power through but can't seem to find any box that is made for this purpose.  How do the pro's do it?

Hi how are you running cables to each camera .... is this a home or business 

can you terminate power at an other location then left with just coax

it also depends on what coax system your using... you can run 4 cameras down 1 coax

another option is use cat5 which will take your cable count down as you can send more than 1 camera feed on cat5. ..... 4 cat5 instead of 16 coax

This is for home.  So I went and found the system in the garage and this is what I have, one dvr, 16 camera's, 16 cables with power supplies and 4 power supplies.

Camera setup.jpg

what tomcctv said will work for you..

instead of passing 16 wires and creating a masssive hole into your house,get cat5 wires. bring at least 4 length from your dvr to a convient location outside your house.. get a good size waterproof box to make all your connections. the end of the wire for your camera(60ft or 80ft) cut the end that goes behind the dvr and connect the video coloured wire to a respective colour on one of the cat5 wire.same for the power .and tape it up properly.. that same colour wire that reaches to your dvr location,add a bnc video balun to it.also connect female power dc jack to the respective colours as you did outside..you can do do for every camera using the respective colour per camera... but for the power of the camera, you can connect at least 8 power supply for the camera together,twist them together inside the box outside your house and tape properly..in my photos are the bnc connectors u can use.the pipes to send your cameras to different location.the box without camera is where i made all my connections

IMG_20201218_161251.jpg

IMG_20201222_152502.jpg

IMG_20201222_161120.jpg

Capture.PNG