Michael_

NV6480EXP camera capture card compatible with iSpy?

I have an AVerMedia NV6480EXP in an old Windows XP system which I plan on upgrading to new hardware and Windows 10 because the existing computer is having trouble keeping up with the resolution of the network cameras I've installed over the last few years. Does anyone know if that card is compatible with iSpy? If it isn't, how can I find another card that is compatible before I purchase it? I haven't been able to find any sort of compatibility list for video capture cards.

I need to keep security camera downtime to a minimum so I don't want to dismantle the Windows XP system only for it to turn out the card in it won't work with iSpy in Windows 10. Otherwise I'd just test the card myself in any random Windows 10 computer.

Hi. Michael

i would not waste your time on the out of date aver equipment 

how many ip cameras and analog are you using 

why are you only looking at pc based 

I don't have the exact count with me right now, but it's around 10 analog cameras, plus a some IP cameras. More cameras will probably be added in the future so I'd like the ability to handle at least 16 analog cameras and 24 cameras total.

I want a Windows based system for the software and hardware flexibility, the lower cost per camera and quality, and the better/faster interface. I've considered and used dedicated recording units but they seem like a really poor value compared to a Windows based system. If the issue was space constraint then a dedicated unit would make more sense to me since they tend to be smaller.

Hi. Avermedia closed there cctv side 6 years ago  low resolution poor app and constant windows updates made it unreliable 

and your going to find the same with any pci card based system 

analog 740-960h cameras are also old but will still run on systems 740tvl upto 8k 

you can still connect to a stand-alone via your windows 10

is this for home or business