oldvetteguy

Remote location connection

I would like to place a surveillance camera on a building that is approximately 800' away from my recorder.  I have tried CAT 5 cable and that works except that about once a year we have a lightning storm that takes out the camera or the recorder card in my computer.  There is a dense growth of trees between the two locations, so there is no straight line clear visibility path between the two locations.   I do have a Dakota Alert wireless security system that operates on 151.820 Mhz that works quite well between the two locations.

Looking for suggestions on how to operate a PTZ security camera between these two locations without a wired connection.

Not interested in purchasing a monitored system.

Thanks

Hi. I would stick with cat5 cable but have a better transmission path .... not recommend these on the forum for years but they work good 

http://www.biwave.com/product/product2100_2200.htm

but if your going to use a ptz then you connect the data via the audio

but before you go ptz not many cards have ptz control rs495 so you will have to use a controller.... but you won’t be able to move ptz via anything with remote viewing 

a DVR is much better than a card and a lot cheaper and will give you remote viewing control