Sign in to follow this  
Chilliwack

How does IP Pro / EseeCloud get around firewall?

I’ve installed a new PoE security system and downloaded EseeCloud for remote viewing and everything is working great. But I don’t understand why because by alll accounts, I should not be able to access my cameras remotely without some kind of configuration on the router (example, port forwarding). 

Can anyone please explain how this bypasses the router firewall and allows a request to get thru to my NVR? Is my system doing something funky here?

I’ve googled this high and low and came up blank. And the support folks of my new system could/would not answer. 

Hi. The industry is filling up with SMART cctv

3rd party involvement to run

smart is nothing like a real cctv system 

if most people read terms and conditions they would not touch the system. 

here are a few 

Turn on microphone recording and voice

We need access to your device's microphone. We do not collect or store the requested data and can only be accessed through the camera or receiver.

why would anyone let anyone else listen in to there system

Get your location: approximate location (based on network),precise location (based on GPS and network)

We need to request by calling GPS to analyze the mobile device location with the network;

9) control the positioning update

We need to request a location update on a mobile device that is moving over the network;

why would anyone allow a 3rd company to track your cellphone which tracks you and your personal life   ..... with buying a cctv system you hand over your cell security   

before you had that system ...... you had a private life

now you have the system a stranger can hear watch and track you

money well spent